cheapest lower receiver

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by moneymaker17, Aug 23, 2012.

1. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

Looking to make a super cheap build,

2. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

What is the cheapest receiver you have seen latley
    bare lower receiver

3. Rhino24

Rhino24 New Member

Go to joe bobs outfitter. They have a stripped lower with lower parts kit installed for $71.95
    http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/mobile/default.aspx#P9921
    Or you could get a compete lower for $109
    You said cheap you just missed Palmetto State Armory $269 16" stripped upper

But Why go Cheap your the MoneyMaker!!

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Just a word of advice. Often times when you go cheap it costs more in the long run.

5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

New frontier Armory.

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Your not gonna get much cheaper than these 2 setups. $517 to your door and a free T-shirt from Joe Bobs :D so long as you add it to your cart before you check out

$109 complete lower + free shipping
    http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/New_Frontier_Armory_LW_15_Complete_Poly_Lower_p/nfa-lw15blk.htm

$399 5.56 upper + $8 Shipping
    http://www.westforkarmory.com/dpms-upper-a3-flat-top-223-16quot-light-weight--dealer-s322316.html

$429 if you have to have the front sight post
    https://www.primaryarms.com/DPMS_AR_15_AP4_A3_Flat_Top_Upper_Assembly_5_56x45m_p/dpbaap416.htm

Last edited: Aug 23, 2012
  7. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

I just bought 3 of the complete New Frontier Armory lowers from Bob's, while I have yet to build them into anything I could not believe how light they are. At the same time they do feel solid and the torture tests videos on you tube are convincing. 2 of them are going to be for dedicated .22LR AR's, but the third may very well find itself matched up with a PSA upper.

8. moneymaker17

moneymaker17 New Member

Lol I have a precesion built ar 15 already, I want a beat up shtf gun, ready for zombies

9. 70cuda383

70cuda383 New Member

careful what you say there. a lot of guys will give you crap because a SHTF/Zombie gun is a gun that you want to work when you NEED it to work, and as such, only a top of the line, expensive piece will do.

but I hear what you're saying. I am in the same boat as you. I have a 20" AR that's all aluminum, and is pretty accurate for being iron sights only. I can hit 400 yard targets at east with it. I wanted a smaller more nimble AR, and put together a Plum Crazy lower with a DSArms upper. total cost into the gun is about $400. then I bought an aimpoint optic on clearance for $300.

initial tests are good. I fired 30 rounds in about 20-25 seconds, and maintained a 6" grouping at 100 yards. Not had it long enough to give longevity review on it.

10. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

16" Middy, chrome or melonited barrel and chamber, milspec bcg, and you are good to go. for 10k rounds.

then change out the buffer spring, check your extractor spring, and your good to go for another 10 rounds,

then change out the buffer spring, check your extractor spring, and your good to go for another 10 rounds,

then check your buffer spring, extractor, and extractor spring, check out your barrel and chamber, change anything needed and your good for another 10k rounds.

11. LandMonster

LandMonster New Member

Would not go cheaper than Surplus Ammo & Arms complete lower.

12. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

I read those threads and a lot of the posts were just conjecture not first hand knowledge. Some talked about Plum Crazy lowers which are reported to be made from a different polymer. Before I bought my NF Armory lowers I communicated with several actual owners, most of whom were pleased with their lowers. Some of whom had run them pretty hard and were not experiencing any issues. Do I think today's polymer lowers are stronger than aluminum; probably not. But that does not mean they are not strong enough to get the job done. Like I said before mine are going to be used for dedicated .22LR's but I may match one up to my PSA upper just to see how it performs. Or maybe one of my 9mm upppers.

I will also add that after reading those threads I tested all 3 of my lowers with Pmags, Lancer Warfighters, Troy mags and Brownells aluminum mags and all of them fit, locked and dropped just fine.

13. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I wouldnt even worry about using one as a full fledged .223 its really not that big of deal the only concerns I had is the trigger looks like it plastic as does the mag catch and I wonder if the hammer is also ? Anyone have the New Frontier that can answer my question . It appears as we could build a cheap rifle for about $498 shipped to the door

14. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

Pretty much everything on the New Frontier is plastic; hammer, levers and catches included.