Cheaperthandirt.com

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JolietGunner, Feb 26, 2013.

1. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

I was wondering about the integrity of the website.Is it good to use?If anyone on here uses it?

2. luckyj

luckyj New Member

They are trustworthy in my experience. That being said, I won't use them anymore because of the price gouging. Their prices are ridiculous.

3. luckyj

luckyj New Member

I know that's contradictory. Haha. What I mean by trustworthy is when I paid for stuff, I received it relatively quickly and if anything was wrong they corrected it without issue.

4. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

They have recently p'od a lot of people on here of by raising prices.

I have used them for years and stuff is shipped quickly , packed well and they always had agreat selection with an easy to use website.

I personally have found many deals in the past.

But they are now unpopular on this site especially since they raised thier magazine prices much higher than everyone else.

Based on great experinces in the past I will still use them if the deal is right,

5. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Had the same experience with them-
    They pissed me off so won't use them anymore--

6. DRBogart

DRBogart New Member

They folded to the liberal agenda. Stopped selling guns for a while then raised their prices through the roof.

7. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

That was always a scheduled stop on my trips thru Ft. Worth. I liked visiting the "Dirt" store there. After they gave into the Liberal gun push I no longer stop at their store.:(

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

They were the first if memory serves ---

9. DRBogart

DRBogart New Member

I believe you are right.

10. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

Yepp, and I was a fairly regular buyer on that site. Never again. Ive gone elsewhere. They can kiss my ***

11. 70cuda383

70cuda383 Member

I thought the sporting goods stores like Dicks were the first to stop...don't remember which "big box stores" it was, but it was one of the outdoors/sporting goods stores. NOT the Cabelas or Bass Pro's, but the more generic, "all sporting goods stores" that had a gun counter.

Anyway, Yes, I've ordered from CTD in the past. I paid fair prices, they shipped quickly, and I received what I paid for quickly.

BUT...when they decided to rake in the cash because of the panic buying, they lost me as a future customer. I saw them charging over $100 for a colt, GI/Mil spec aluminum 30-round AR-15/M16/M4 magazine that just a few weeks before was selling for about $20, that was the final straw.

I'll give my business to the guys who stated up front "we're not raising prices, instead, we'll add you to the backlog, and we'll fill your order when we can, you will not be charged until your order ships, and if a ban is passed before your order is filled, we will cancel your order.

CTD is NOT a monopoly. Everything they sell can be found at other online mail-order stores, at the same prices. Don't do business with the Dirt anymore!

12. DRBogart

DRBogart New Member

Just looked on their Facebook page.. They had posts and pictures on there that said they were suspending sales. All evidence has been removed. They got the hint I am guessing.

On the post they sent out there were about 20,000 comments cussing them and telling them they lost their business.

13. gunlinn

gunlinn New Member

Thanks for the heads up guys. I ordered a year or so ago and was very happy with product and service as I had to exchange what I ordered for a diff size.. But with this crap ill defiantly stick with sg for ordering

14. Sentry18

Sentry18 New Member

Good plan. I wouldn't give them a nickel for cold glass of water in the desert.

15. JolietGunner

JolietGunner New Member

Thanks for the input guys they will NEVER get my business!!

16. BigB

BigB New Member

Never bought from them, only looked in the past before all the b.s., and couldn't justify what I perceived as outrageous shipping prices, no matter which warehouse! If you're looking for parts and or accessories try eBay or Amazon. I've had luck finding great deals paying sometimes 75% or more off retail and often times with free shipping! It can be hit or miss, but keep checking, stuff does get listed.

17. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Cheaper Than Dirt used to be a good online retailer. However, since the price-gauging jamboree they have grown monstrously greedy! I since wrote to them discontinuing my membership. :mad:

18. SigArmored

SigArmored New Member

I agree since the day I saw the $100 for a GI mag I decided that they would never see another cent of my money.

19. FrontierTCB

FrontierTCB Active Member

I ordered from CTD for many years and never had an issue with their products or customer service but they will never get another $ from me.

20. AR10

AR10 New Member

The Kenyan and his minions are the problems here. I would not take your wrath on vendors trying to make a living in these troubled times.

If they sold for less, they would be sold out, and then everyone would complain about that.

I just ordered 100 rounds of 10mm from CheeperThanDirt, no it was not prices of one year ago, or five years ago, or ten years ago. Big deal.

If you find it for less somewhere else, post your good fortune here, and praise be to you all. However, to say you will never purchase from them again, because of King Obama BS is childish.

All this comes back to our political leadership, on both sides of the isle, where they are blaming the objects, rather than blaming the Prozac filled nut jobs that use guns and ammo.