Cheaperthandirt clarifies it will sell Arms again

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by bluez, Dec 19, 2012.

1. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Cheaper Than Dirt! recently announced that it was temporarily suspending online sales of firearms pending a review of its order processing and procedures. Well-known for its ability to process and ship orders within 24 hours, online sales have skyrocketed to a point where it may take up to 72 hours for firearms and other items to ship.

"In light of recent events, we believe it is prudent to review our policies and procedures to ensure we can continue to provide the products and firearms our customers demand," said Chief Operations Officer Roberta Wilson. "We will resume online sales once we update our process and continue as we have always done by shipping firearms only to FFL dealers."

Ms. Wilson closed with, "As a long-time supporter of the Second Amendment, we will continue to serve the needs of the firearms community while ensuring our unsurpassed level of quality and customer service."

Many here have immediatly assumed the worst.. but looking at all their otehr posts "The Second guarantess the first" etc I think the community over reacted because we are used to expecting the worst

2. Wrecked

Wrecked New Member

Not buying their story, nor will I buy from them again. They ran, when they should have stayed and fought.

3. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

Come one fellas the announcement ws up for a day, a day!!
    And they been with us for years!

4. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

No matter what the logic behind their statement, this will go down in history as one of the biggest "Oh Crap" moments in firearms marketing.

5. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

quite true.:eek:

6. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

None of us knows what is happening behind the scenes at Cheaper than dirt. They could be overwhelmed by their brick and mortar sales. They could have errors in inventory control that could only be remedied by shutting down.

They could have the same problem Virgin Mobile has had lately, the bank is running so slow they can't process credit card transactions. I have a phone through virgin mobile. My account is set up to automatically bill my credit card every month. I had no interruption of service but I was on the phone for a while before my bill got paid.

7. Ultimate_sig

Ultimate_sig New Member

What about the pmag skyrocket prices

8. rainmakerat92

rainmakerat92 New Member

I am done with them. Jacking up the price of pmags to $60 is a good example of adding insult to injury.

9. mybigguns

mybigguns New Member

$40 ea. Guess dirt is pretty expensive these days.

I won't support any company that price gouges.

I've ordered from them in the past, but never will again.

10. lastrebel70

lastrebel70 New Member

I looked on there site today for the Ruger bx-25 magazines and they were asking $49.99. Think I will be doing all my shopping elsewhere.

11. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

They saw the response....tough $**t.

12. BobbyJoe

BobbyJoe New Member

What about the m855 for $899 per 1000

13. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I call a LIE!!!!

Every single site that gets back logged, puts up a statement stating such.

They're back peddling now that they realized what they did. Their actions were treasonous to us, and they think they're stupid enough to buy it.

14. bamashooter68

bamashooter68 Member

I can go along with maybe they were having some issues with getting overwhelmed because of Christmas and the shooting but to exploit hard working people and taking advantage of them by charging these prices is inexcusable in my opinion. I have purchased from the years ago but their prices have always been on the high side. I will do without before I support the vultures at CTD in the future.

15. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Boycott CTD, Dicks and Walmart. The are unconstitutional.

16. birddog114

birddog114 New Member

They jacked up their mag prices by quadruple. What is their excuse for that. They can kiss my A$$.

17. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

They are lieing in spades. Why if they needed to up grade did they waite until we were under a heavy shelling from the enemy forces. They could have stayed with us until after the first battles. The SOBs cut and run with the first attack.
    I would never buy another damn thing from these creeps. I always stopped there when passing thru Ft. Worth. I will be getting to Dallas 2 hrs early now.:D

18. birddog114

birddog114 New Member

Squak, Walmart sold out of guns. They issued a statement today in support of gun owners and AR 15's. go to Drudgereport.com and you can read it.

19. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Drudge's headline was far too easily misunderstood. My thought's immediately went to WalMart was discontinuing selling firearms. I read through the article twice and couldn't figure out what Drudge was referring to.

20. birddog114

birddog114 New Member

Walmart is standing with us so we should support them. I will never again shop at Dick's or CTD.