Cheaper than dirt

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by grumpee, May 17, 2012.

1. grumpee

grumpee New Member

Anyone order ammo from them lately. I ordered $60.00 worth & shipping was $74.00. One box cost $5.00 then $16.00 to ship. What a crock!

2. Buckethead47

Buckethead47 New Member

I noticed shipping was high. Thats why I haven't ordered anything from there. I have been looking around for a box of 100 rds for my 12 to go shoot some clays. and I can't beat bass pros 32 bucks for some bird shot.

3. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

What kind of ammo are you looking for? reliantammo.com has some good prices and shipping on their pistol ammo.

4. fmj

fmj Active Member

ammoman.com has free shipping! Thats where i get mine when i buy ammunition online.

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Shipping has just gotten really high regardless of what or where you buy , I just shipped a package from Il to CA and it cost me $12.85 for a 3.6# package luckly I got it in a USPS flat rate box or it was going to cost me $16 and some change

Great guy to deal with also . I just bought 2000 rds from him , fast shipping also

6. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I about died when I wanted to overnight a letter and the UPS store said it would be 58 dollars for a LETTER! Unreal!

7. Jstrong

Jstrong New Member

The ONLY thing I miss about working at FedEx world hub in Memphis was the 75% off shipping anything you wanted, and if you have items from multiple CTD warehouses in your cart you pay separate shipping for the items from each warehouse

---Shoot To Thrill---

8. fupuk

fupuk New Member

When i buy ammo online i usually get shipping free because when i buy ammo online i buy a lot. Usually only buy ammo online a couple times a year and i usually spend $1000 when i order. Most places will ship for free if you spend a specific amount. I had ordered #150 of ammo and you should have seen the UPS drivers face when she had to bring them up my driveway. I helped with my dolley that was in my garage but she was maby 5 feet tall and maby #100.

9. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

buying ammo on line

I have purchased ammo on line from Brownells, Midway and Ammunition.com
    All have had reasonable shipping charges.

10. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I don't buy a lot of ammo on line because I only buy what is not available locally. I do check prices ocassionally on what I get here & usually the freight drives the cost up above local pricing.

11. grumpee

grumpee New Member

Thanks for the help. I just got a marlin 2000 & need to get a bunch of different target ammo ( ely, CCI green tag, aiguille ect) to see what it likes. Locally I have found

12. grumpee

grumpee New Member

Scheels has one, cabalas has 2. I need more than 3 brands to test the .22

13. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

If you live near a Cabela's you can order from their website and have it shipped to one of their stores without having to pay shipping charges. I order from www.cabelas.com all the time. They really do have pretty good prices, especially when there is a sale. When ordering something online any shipping charges have to be factored into the total cost of the goods. Sometimes what appears to be a good price is not so good when shipping charges are added.

14. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I like the Sportsman guide myself... I never had any problems!

15. Car54

Car54 New Member

I was just on CTD's site and see they are adding a $2.99 handling charge to the total just like Natchez Shooters.

16. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

I dont know about ware you are from, but around hear Walmart has it for $22.

17. fupuk

fupuk New Member

Same here, 100 shells of birdshot for a little over $20 at walmart. I buy most of my ammo from there because of the price. I can get slugs for $8 a box of 15 i believe.

18. WARRIOR78

WARRIOR78 New Member

I found that buying from Walmart, big 5, even bass pro shop is cheaper than ordering online only because the shipping cost is so much.

19. shootnbull

shootnbull New Member

I ordered some ammo from Palmetto state armory. Charged me 6 bucks shipping whether I ordered 1 box or 10. Turned out it was cheaper than I could get it from Wally world.

20. gollygee

gollygee New Member

The curious thing about it is, a couple of years ago when we were going through an ammo shortage, especially on .380, CTD got the reputation of 'gouging' & I read a lot of comments about never doing business with them. Yet, I see that people are back to buying from them again, on every forum I go to. Now that the shortage seems to be starting again, they are back to their old tricks. ;)