Cheaper than dirt?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by invicta8926, Feb 25, 2012.

1. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

Does anyone have any experience with the website "cheaper than dirt"? Are they reputable?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yep. They are. Generally good experiences/

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

They get a + review for me

4. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

They've been around a long time...they're not a fly-by-night.

5. Snakedriver

Snakedriver New Member

I've bought a lot of stuff from them over the years, so you can trust them to do a good job on an order for you. :cool:

That said however, be sure to shop around a little before you buy because these days Cheaper than Dirt often isn't. :confused:

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You're safe dealing with them.

7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Delt with them many times - no problems except if you only need one small item you'll still have to pay the $10 shipping --

8. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Cheaper than Dirt and MidwayUSA are the two largest and most reputable firearm suppliers on the internet. You're as safe with them as Amazon.
    r

9. Brennan16

Brennan16 New Member

I've shopped there numerous times over the last 15+ years and I've NEVER had a problem with them!

Sent from my iPhone using FirearmsTalk

10. Quentin

Quentin New Member

I've always had good luck with CTD. And CDNN. Great places to find oddball stuff and even mainstream. Love their catalogs too. Sometimes their prices are incredible, other times you can do better - just like anywhere else. For small orders shipping can seem high but you can wait for a shipping special.

11. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Yep...good experiences. I buy ammo from them and they seem to ship faster than anyone else I've dealt with.

12. Durangokid

Durangokid New Member

Everytime I pass thru Dallas-Ft. Worth I stop in at the CTD store. It is one busy place.:D Nice folks.:)

13. kilo7

kilo7 New Member

Good experiences in the shop in Fort Worth. That being said, the name is a bit of a misnomer IMO.

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

I've heard a few complaints from some folks, but really, I have more respect for these people that have already posted on this thread than I do for the people I've heard complaining about CTD.

I'm gonna have to check them out myself, I currently have no personal experience with them.

15. Car54

Car54 New Member

I've also had good experiences with them.

16. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

Very good customer service and they ship pretty quick from my experience. Shipping will be high on smaller priced items though.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
  17. USMC-03

USMC-03 New Member

Good reviews from me as well

18. hockeyjr1

hockeyjr1 New Member

CTD is great for everything but bulk amounts of ammo...

For that I use palmetto state armory or aim surplus.. CTD charges crazy shipping prices on big heavy orders or ones that come from 2 different warehouses.

Palmetto charges 12 bucks on 1k rds of basically anything.

Ohh and CTD shipping is crazy fast... I've Orderd stuff at 9pm est and it was packed and processed by ups by sunrise!!!

19. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Yep. +1 on the shipping speed. If I order something Monday morning or early afternoon, it usually shows up on Wednesday. Prob the best CS I've dealt with in that regard.

20. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

Thanks for the info everyone. I've been considering giving them a try.