Cheaper than dirt ( higher than anyone else now)

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by rusty-1911-45, Feb 4, 2013.

1. rusty-1911-45

rusty-1911-45 New Member

They totally lost me as a customer .. There ammo has sky rocketed .. Just seen 5.56 green tip for 200 rds 339.00 and glock 22 mag 15 rd for 99.00 And a p mag for 99.00 and Tula 9mm steel case ammo 20.00 50rds.. Lol no thank u. And sorry but u just lost me and lots my buddies buisness fr now on...

2. AR10

AR10 New Member

If they were making their stuff and setting their prices that would be one thing.

Do you want gun items? Retailers know this, and in a tight market, they fall into a trap of having nothing to sell because another retailer out bid them. You would also take your business elsewhere if they're always out of stuff.

In the future, it will settle down again, and prices will revert back to being more predictable. Hopefully.

3. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Doesn't matter. They will not get a dime of my money. Ever. CTD and any other company that is price gouging will lose a lot of business because of their practices.

4. steadyshot

steadyshot New Member

Yep, they suck.......

5. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Only CTD could have outdone themselves for ripping off the shooting sports community more than they did LAST time. How anyone can buy there especially after the gouging of the less informed going back years now is beyond me. Crooks with crap!

6. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

They pulled this stuff when Obama got his first term and sales spiked. It's a stupid or insane person that does the same thing time and again and expects a different result. I refused to give them money after I watched it the last time. Anyone that didn't learn form then or now deserves what they get. And I will ask them to hit themselves with a hammer in the head and ask after a few tries has the result changed....

7. Rampco88

Rampco88 New Member

I made the mistake and bought from them before the price spike. My order came shipped poorly packed, smashed boxes, loose rounds, etc.. Never again.

8. Stillersfan

Stillersfan New Member

I wouldn't shop there is they were giving me free stuff.... I don't shop at the Anti Gun Store amymore!

9. shooter88

shooter88 New Member

Yea there crazy right now i just bought a 33 rnd glock mag for $52 after s&h from centerfirearms.com i looked for them on cheaper than dirt and the same mag was $189!!!!

10. AR10

AR10 New Member

The last gun show I went to had Glock 33 round mags for $25 each. Box of them, maybe 20 ish of them. Did me no good, with a Glock 20. It will be better after people calm down again, I hope.

11. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I've been wanting to get a M95 straight pull from them, but ammo (at least the en blocs) are hard to find.

12. rusty-1911-45

rusty-1911-45 New Member

Well all I'm saying is either way if stuff goes up or down they have lost my bus.. I ust to b a loyal customer of there's and this is how I get repaid and there is always another place to go buy what I need and most likely cheaper as high they spiked up there prices..

13. luckyj

luckyj New Member

It always makes me laugh when I see something at a decent price that says "Out of Stock" but there is the option to purchase at 50% markup "from one of our other warehouses.". What a joke.

14. davva360

davva360 New Member

I wish people had long memories with this kind of thing. I will never shop there again. I will also stay away from the LGS that has raised their prices. I will only buy from them when I have no choice and even then ONLY when their prices are back to normal.

15. Tommyhawk

Tommyhawk New Member

Right on! Was just on their site. $20.00 for Tula 9mm is stupid! They have lost me as a customer...

16. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

You mean "Cheaper Than Platinum" ?

:confused: :)

17. rusty-1911-45

rusty-1911-45 New Member

Yeah.. I guess they don't relize there so many others out there selling same things for regular prices.. Lol

18. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

'Greedier Than Dirt. com' they should be called. I did many business transactions with them prior the greed craze. I moved onto to Natchez.com. Quite reasonable for some time.

19. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

Their insane shipping costs have always kept me away. When they pulled semi autos in response to the shooting and started price gouging, that sealed the deal. I will never do business with someone like that. Midway USA is much better anyways.

20. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

CTD is a scam outfit. i wrote them off years ago.