Cheap Pistol Challenge

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Benning Boy, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Crybaby rackafracka nanner booboo.

Since you pansy shrinky dinkies rail against cheap pistols all day, be part of the solution.

My challenge...

Name the cheapest reliable pistol. The one you'd point a noob with limited funds at.

The rules:

1) No used- If your local South Dakota shop has a used Nighthawk on sale for $200, it does our guy in Vermont no good. New pistols only. Panty douche.

2) .380 or larger. We can argue more or less is needed, my there has to be some minimum criteria, and this is it. This round will make a whistle pig into a tasty stew, so deal with it.

3) Reliable- has to go bang a minimum of 5 times. Wheel guns okay, autos okay. All guns a prone to fail, but reasonable reliability is a must.

Best deal wins. Trolls get the Ponch.

2. Car54

Car54 New Member

My first thought would be a Kel-Tec P3AT ($252 Midwest Hunters Outlet) for a .380, or Bersa .380.($259 Able Ammo)

Kel-Tec P9 ($272 Midwest Hunters Outlet) for a 9mm.

Popular weapons, reasonably priced, and reliable IMO.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2010

3. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

If you looking for .45, I would have to go Rock Island GI for less than $380 you get the wonderful 1911 platform and the .45ACP goodness.

4. skullcrusher

skullcrusher New Member

Seriously, Hi-Point. Myself, I would stay away from anything but the 9 and the .45. Inexpensive and more reliable than non-owners will tell you. Heavier than the Kel-Tecs, so felt recoil is far less. They are a fixed barrel, but accurate enough to do it's job. Uglier than most, but the last time I checked, BG's aren't interested in seeing how pretty the pistol that drops them is. :D

5. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Good so far, list prices, you sissies.

Charter Arms?

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

7. Car54

Car54 New Member

Why do we have to be sissies?

8. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

Go with it. I'll be like this till tomorrow, until some other ideology comes over me.

It'll be okay.

9. Car54

Car54 New Member

Okay, don't hit me..I'm thorry...

10. Glasshartt

Glasshartt New Member

I'd stay away from charter, used to have one for low price reason. Had major problems with cylinder rotation.