Cheap Czech vz24 Help

Discussion in 'Curio & Relic Discussion' started by zaitsev44, Oct 14, 2013.

1. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

I ran across this vz24 Czech Mauser for sale or $125. The problem is that he's in Nashville and I'm in north Alabama, I know I can't go up there and buy it without sending it to a FFL or having a C&R, but can he come down here and sell it? I'm less than 10 miles from the Tennessee-Alabama line. Second, it's only $125, and $125 for almost any milsurp is a good deal. It's got some honest wear and patina. Should I get it? And how can I obtain it legally without shipping it to a FFL.

image-1467998336.jpg

2. MisterMcCool

MisterMcCool Well-Known Member Supporter

I was surprised to find out that interstate arms sales require an FFL transfer. I had no idea until I read it on this forum. I knew about the handguns but thought long guns and shotguns were allowed. I was wrong.
    I also live near a border state and have done some trading with my neighbors. Never again.

3. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

So buying rifles in bordering states is against the law? What about if he comes to me and sells it?

4. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

It is worth $125 in a working condition. Acquire legally without shipping to an FFL in your state? Through an FFL at a gun show in his state. Then you can legally transport it back home. If the seller comes to your state, you still need a local FFL to buy legally.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2013
  5. zaitsev44

zaitsev44 Active Member

He said he has fired it 50 or so times.

6. Mercator

Mercator Active Member

Buying a near antique firearm it is best to have some sort of guarantee, or a non-firing inspection allowance, before putting your money up front. Not trying to interfere in your decision, just a general rule.

7. JWagner

JWagner New Member

I would suggest that you check with a local gun dealer about the laws regarding long guns. I think you can buy long guns out of your state if you go to a dealer.

8. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Mausers are pretty strait forward. You can field strip the bolt in seconds. There is no one I know that will ship/ sell a firearm without full payment.

The ATF says it is ok!! You are correct! Call the seller and ask him to locate an FFL that will not r@pe you. $25.00 would be fair for the transfer.

"Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?
    A person may only acquire a firearm within the person’s own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee’s premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes. "