Cheap ammo?

Discussion in '1911 Forum' started by xdm11chad, Oct 15, 2011.

1. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Had to shoot federal .45 auto today because that's all we had at the store this is the 84th round advice please!!!

Attached Files:

2. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

What happened? Looks like it didn't eject all the way and was forced into the ejection port.

I have had pretty good luck with federal.

3. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

It ejected back towards me kinda not out to the side like normal but I do say I think it was the ammo not the gun shooting a SA 1911 loaded model? What do you think? I got home and my gun was dirtier than its ever been might I ad I shot 50 rounds of Tula ammo before this happened

4. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I shoot Feds a lot & never a problem-

5. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Well to be honest it's man made its gunna malfunction stuff happens and I'm over it :)

6. mes227

mes227 New Member

The Russian ammo gums up my Kimber 1911 - and it's the only ammo that will cause a malfunction. Exactly like your pix shows. Those 50 rounds of Tula got your piece so dirty it couldn't function properly with the Federals. Leave the crappy Russian stuff alone and you shouldn't have any more problems.

7. xdm11chad

xdm11chad New Member

Hey thanks man that's kinda what I figured! Lol but the Walmart is always out of ammo and the gun shops kill me on price! So what can I do

8. gollygee

gollygee New Member

I've also read that steel cased ammo can be hard on the extractor. The few $$ saved isn't worth it.

9. Jeepergeo

Jeepergeo New Member

I've fired a bunch of Federal ammo and have never had a problem with any of their product.

Try another brand and see if the same thing happens. I'd bet you have an extractor problem.

10. Wolfeman1911

Wolfeman1911 New Member

I actually had the exact same gun and it appears it was doing the exact same thing. Idk about yours but mine would every so often try to extract an empty casing back into the empty magazine but not when there was another round there to help direct it up. It would jam up tight because the casing would be clenched half way in the magazine, forced in place by the mass and momentum of the slide. A new extractor fixed my issues.

11. neilage66

neilage66 New Member

Hey Chad, your brass is boogered! :p

It happens.

12. MrWray

MrWray New Member

Does it happen regularly with that weapon when using federal ammo? Im like the rest of these fine gentlemen, ive never had a problem with federal ammo

13. Olympus

Olympus New Member

If it happens frequently and you are a reloader, have a smith look it over. If you don't reload, just keep shooting the gun. Brass is softer than steel 'so your gun should be perfectly okay.