Firearms Talk banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
850 Posts
I was just looking at the spitfire site, looks intriguing. Are the bullets reusable? Are they messy? And do you know what the approximate bullet weights are?

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I was just looking at the spitfire site, looks intriguing. Are the bullets reusable? Are they messy? And do you know what the approximate bullet weights are?
If you make a nice little bullet trap with some carpeting you can reuse them, they don't smash up or break into pieces. I haven't had any issues with them being messy like other wax bullets such as the homemade kind, I just usually sweep them up and toss them, I am not really concerned with reusing them honestly cuz like I said they are $25 per thousand no matter what caliber, but yes if you build the right trap you can save them and reuse. I can't remember the approximate weight of them, I have used the 45 Colts and 38's and I will say I remember weighing some from each of the batches and they are all very consistent in their weights so it makes them pretty accurate, it has just been so long that I can't remember their weights, if I can make it down into the basement to my little armory I will pull some of them out and weigh them for you and post the weights.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts