Firearms Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know anything about or have any opinions on Charter Arms? Got offered a deal that seems a little too good. Internet reviews semm to be mixed, but leaning towards not bad.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Charter is good for what it is. 40 years ago my carry gun was a CA when I worked in the LGS. It's not some thing that you're gonna' shoot 1000's of rounds thru, but they're well made and reliable. Think of it as an inexpensive S&W "J" frame gun. I wouldn't hesitate to own another one if I was in that market.
Jon

·
Supporting Member
14,898 Posts
erik
Is the offer from a reputable source. Unfortunately, there are a lot of scams out there and a few of our members here been victims. You know the old saying if it seems to be too good to be true it may not be true! Just a thought!
But is it a Charter Arms J Frame 38 Special! I had one years ago, and it was my truck gun. I shot it some but not a whole lot but never had any problems with the little revolver. It always worked! Carried Winchester 38 Special Siver Tip Hollow Points in it for defense
If you do not mind what are they asking for it? And is it in excellent condition?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I had a Charter Arms .44 special Bull Dog. Didn't shoot it much and it was too heavy to carry. Gave it to a friend and I don't think he ever shot it.

·
Supporting Member
14,898 Posts
Nod
If you remember that is what the Son of Sam used to kill all those people!

·
Registered
131 Posts
We have a few Charter's here.
My wife carries either a Charter Arms Undercover .38 snub, or her Sig P-365.
I often pocket carry a Bulldog .44 when going into town, the rest of the time it is in the pocket of my truck's driver door.
My farm carry is a Charter Pathfinder .22LR snub nose.

Being a Po' Boy on Social Insecurity and a part time minimum wage job, I just can't run right out and pay Big Bucks for any gun, long or short. Charter makes serviceable weapons that are affordable.
My next purchase will be a Charter .357 magnum six shot with a 3" barrel. When I can find one.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I'm 73, and the Bulldog is no problem, recoil wise.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts