Charley Bar Review

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by GatorDude, Mar 27, 2009.

1. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

If you find yourself in a cheesy motel or home invasions are increasing in your neighborhood, you might want to try out a Charley Bar. It's a simple device that fits between your front door knob and the floor. It jams your door closed. Any force applied to your front door simply gets redirected into the floor.

I've got a Charley Bar from Master Lock and I've found it pretty effective in keeping the door closed. If someone tries to get in, the Charley Bar can give you a few extra seconds to get your gun, call 911, etc. It's called a Master Lock Dual Function Home Security Bar and is available online and at Home Depot for about $16.

Product Review: Master Lock Dual Function Door Security Bar - Associated Content

2. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Does that thing come in .45 cal?

3. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Seems like a good idea.

4. Merc187

Merc187 New Member

I work residential maintenance and a lot of the residents at the complex have these. They are pretty popular. Sucks when you try to enter an apartment with a work order and they have one.

5. GatorDude

GatorDude New Member

Yeah, but on the brighter side, there are some tenants that you just don't want to see nekkid! :eek: If the charley bar is in place, then you've definitely got to knock loud or come back later.

6. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

What is Charlie Bar?

Klaus:cool:

7. ktmboyz

ktmboyz New Member

I've got two German bars, one lays by the front door and the other lays on the landing where she can see the front and back door. Very Very effective!! My oil delivery driver wont even bring the receipt up the back steps he just tapes it to the filler pipe :)

The Charley Bar does sound like a very effective way of buying a few extra min til you can summons help if needed

8. orangello

orangello New Member

I wonder if this would be much better than those hard rubber door wedges?