Charles Daly 20 ga

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by oletrapper, Jun 28, 2010.

1. oletrapper

oletrapper New Member Supporter

Well, where to start.

I think by now that everyone knows that Charles Daly has gone out of business. I was caught up in the middle of that happening as I had a 20 ga. sent to them (him) for repair. The locking block was broke. Anyway, (I guess I was fortunate) the gun came back not repaired. Later, I found that Numrich had bought all their stock. (parts) Numrich operates under e-gunparts.com. Hope that is allowed here. As I was saying, I received the gun back un-repaired and also missing parts. NO firing pin spring. NO bolt handle. I have a gun that is useless.

Does anyone know of a company that might have parts other than Numrich? That particular part is listed as sold out.

Thanks, OT

2. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Not sure if Charles Daly was a manufacturer or an assembler. The manufacturing part may have been a legal term for import restrictions. Anyway I would recommend locating some info on the actual manufacturer and seeing whether they sell other private label guns assembled from the same parts. An alternative would be to give up and buy a Mossy or Remmy as a replacement. Good luck.

3. hunter Joe

hunter Joe New Member

Try Brownell or PM me a list of the parts you need and I'll do some research when I get back to the store. Were closed until after the 4th for range maintenance.

4. kydrifter

kydrifter New Member

Do you still have broken Locking Block

5. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

Does it not say it was made by Miroku in Japan, or something somewhere?

6. oletrapper

Still have everything, I think. lol Missing a bolt handle and firing pin and spring.

7. oletrapper

Gun was made in Akkar, Turkey

8. roughneck266

roughneck266 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Jack first can make them if necessary. They MIGHT have what you need already. You can google them. They dont have their catalog online though. You will have to call and tell them what you need.

9. oletrapper

Thanks Rough, I contacted him months and months ago. They won't touch it. Thanks again. OT

10. kydrifter

kydrifter New Member

Parts

mikesgunworks@yahoo.com
    This guy has my Bolt assembly and is trying to find a Locking Block to Pattern off of so he can make me one, drop him an email and maybe he can help both of us. I have seen the Bolt handles on ebay and the Firing Pin and Spring on many of the Gun sites {just no Locking Blocks} As of now I have a $300.00 Paper Weight and the bad thing is I liked the gun a lot.

11. oletrapper

Kydrifter, Please understand that I have spent hundreds of hours (literally) looking for parts. 1) The Charles Daly 20ga was made by three different foreign companys. Each one with a little different in specs. I have purchased 2 different locking blocks (bolts) and they would not work. Also keep in mind, three different locking blocks means three different firing pins and three different springs. There are two different bolt handles. One round and one oval. I tried to mill the oval to the round specs with no luck. Found out the bolt I had was not going to work. I fully understand the $300.00 paper weight. I have thought about mounting mine in concrete and putting a bird house on top and a big sign underneath, NEVER BUY A CHARLES DALY. The gun was a piece of junk from the get go. In 2008 opening day of dove season, I fired 2 rounds and the extractor broke. Back to the house for another gun. They (he) sent me an extractor and I replaced it. In 2009 opening day of dove season, I fired 3 rounds and the bolt block broke. Back to the house for another gun. I returned the whole gun as he would not send me a bolt block. He went bankrupt but did return my gun with the missing parts. Some never got their guns back, period. I suspect he was taking parts needed for other gun repairs.

I will try to contact Mike at mikesgunworks. If he has your locking block (bolt), why can't he pattern off of yours? Just courious. Also keep in mind that there are three different ones. Yours may be different than mine. Thanks, OT

12. kydrifter

kydrifter New Member

My gun was made by KBI in Turkey, I gave my broken Locking Block to a co-worker who's brother was going to machine me one and he lost it

13. oletrapper

Michael Kassnar, owner of KBI Inc., now no longer in business was the owner and operator and repairman for Charles Daly firearms which he imported from Turkey and elsewhere. KBI didn't manufacture any firearms. Strictly an importer and reseller of what it imported. There are (were) 3 different manufactures of the Charles Daly 20ga. 2 in Turkey and 1 elsewhere. The third, I don't remember the country as it was not the one I own. I visited Numrich this morning and saw where they have the bolt handles in stock but no locking blocks (bolts). As I explained earlier, none of the parts between the different manufactures are interchangable. ie: bolt handle, locking block, piston slide, ect. Thanks, OT