Firearms Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received a S&W model 49 Bodyguard 38 Spl , the original pinned barrel , camel hump all steel revolver. The revolver was carried 100% and hardly ever fired , some bluing wear from handling and being in the holster in the same position for years. It opperated 100% tight as a drum. I want to remove the side plate a give it a good cleaning . My friend hardly ever cleaned it , no rust. Once I take the side plate off and give it inside a good look and cleaning , I was thinking of changing the springs ( Wilson Combat ) spring Kit . I'm also going to buy the rebound slide spring tool , I made a tool from an old screw driver to install the spring back but I think getting the right tool for the job is important. Is there anything else you can think of I should do while I have it open or not do.

·
Premium Member
2,917 Posts
Take a photo before removing parts. Mark "save". Works for me, wish I'd done it on a couple of projects - not all firearms related.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Sheriff
Good idea , will do. Did you see a improvement in changing springs or best left alone. I do plan to give the guts of the revolver a good cleaning.
Chris

1 - 3 of 3 Posts