CFE 223 powder

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by tri70, Mar 19, 2013.

1. tri70

tri70 New Member

I found 8 lbs of this yesterday and wonder if anyone has tried it? I have a new Nosler manual for info and have checked the Hogdon site. I like RL7, RL10, H4198 and H335 best for my mini 14. I also have Varget and IMR 4895 that shoots well in my bolt gun. Has anyone tried this for reloading AR or other semi auto?

2. TexasGunner

TexasGunner New Member

I have it and have worked up some loads for my AR, but unfortunately I have yet to be able to go test them.

3. cottontop

cottontop Guest

I have not tried it in any semi autos as I don't own or shoot any semi autos, but I load CFE223 in my 8x57 Mauser w/ 180 grain Nosler BT's and it is deadly accurate. Velocity is good and pressure is low. It should be great for your semi autos.
    ct

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2013
  4. duddie10

duddie10 New Member

Lets just say its the best thing since sliced bread. I have used it across the board. From my ar to my 30-30 to my 30-06. And after 200rds thru my ar oh yah just needed to be lightly cleaned. Its got to be the best thing since copper solvant. Just my 2cents.

5. msup752

msup752 New Member

I was just talking to a guy yesterday who was raving about this powder. He said it was clean, accurate, and versatile.
    I have no personal experience with it.

6. GaMatt72

GaMatt72 New Member

I have been looking for some to try out. The gun shop near me has some powder but none of that.

7. tomcat53

tomcat53 New Member

I use it for my 223 AR's and 308 Win rounds. Accuracy has been great and the barrels are much cleaner than usual. I highly recommend it.

8. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Eeeeek..! I thought it was mandatory to have owned or shot a Glock..? :confused: :D

9. farmrboy

farmrboy New Member

Both of my ar's really like it. I had been using blc2 for 25 yrs, but decided to try it. Very consistant in the powder measure too. Good stuff. I don't think I have seen one person that hasn't been happy with it.