Cerakote opinions please

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by LaiePoi, Mar 29, 2013.

1. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

Hey I'm getting my new BCM cerakoted and am kinda stuck between Burnt Bronze and Dark Bronze which is basically a darkened version of burnt bronze. The owner of the company said that the burnt bronze turns to a goldish color in light and the darkened one doesn't. Would probably be happy with either but if you have an opinion I'd like to hear it

Attached Files:

2. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

I like the burnt bronze! I've been thinking about doing an SBR in burnt bronze. Keep us posted on who does the work and how it turns out. I may have them do mine also.

3. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

That was my first choice but I'm almost 50/50 between the two right now. I'm getting the upper, lower, and hand guard done ($250) by Joint Force Enterprises. Check out their Facebook page with pics of their awesome work.

4. ZeusEcho

ZeusEcho Member Lifetime Supporter

Cool thanks. Checked their FB and looks like great work. When are you sending yours?

5. Jagermeister

Jagermeister New Member

I like the darker color. Maybe I prefer the darkside. Yet, you said, "the burnt bronze turns to a goldish color in light,". Will this shine affect your visual while shooting? I would think the darker rifle would help me focus on optics/iron sights. ??

6. Gloves

Gloves New Member

Burnt Bronze!
    U will not regret it.

I feel that the SCAR 17 has a similar color on it's upper.
    [​IMG]

Show us when it's done.

7. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

It should get there Monday!

8. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

I've never seen it in person so I can't say for sure but wouldn't think it would shine enough to glare or have any effect on your vision while looking down your sights. It has metallic in it. I like the burnt bronze for its looks and the fact that you kinda get two colors for the price of one (bronze&gold). I like the dark bronze because I think it being more subtle of a color would be better for a tactical rifle. Only concern (question) I have with the burnt is if you were ever in a situation with your rifle where you were trying to keep from being seen at night and if the spill beam or even the beam of a flashlight went across your rifle, if it would make it glow or light up noticeably giving away your position whereas something like the dark bronze wouldn't. I don't ever anticipate being in a situation like that but you never know. It's something to consider. I have a black rifle too though :D

Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  9. LaiePoi

LaiePoi New Member

I'm feel like I'm 51 to 49 right now in favor of burnt bronze!