Firearms Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Iknow, i Know, ewwww a century arms ak.
1st, it was a gift, And 2nd, ive had mine a while and have over 1000 problem free rounds through it. It goes bang every time, is barely showing any wear internally, and my headspace is perfect.\
Anyhow, I need some help. I can not for the life of me find the mounts that fit this side rail, or railed forends that will fit this rifle. Is it just standard ak forends? I believe it is a comblock style side rail as it said "comblock side" on the box. i need some way to put this sig romeo 5 my wife got me for our anniversary on it.
Box said vska tactical, comblock side, if that helps any. looks like a standard ak to me, but ive only owned one other ak before this one(and that was a pistol variant).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
Cool. If we can see that and get country of origin like Outlaw said, should give us an idea.

·
Registered
79 Posts
The century arms vska has a proprietary rail if I remember right and you have to buy their mount to get it to work.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
this one said is was comblock side rail. not sure if that means anything. i believe the vska is american made if im not mistaken. all info i can get when i take the pic. i wont be home for about another hour but i will post as soon as i can.

·
Premium Member
874 Posts
This looks like a standard AK rail to me. "Combloc rail" as close to standard as you get with AKM.
I am sure there are more knowledgeable folks than me that could chime in too.

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
I can't really tell. If I were you, I would call Century and ask them what you need. Have the gun serial number handy if they need it for reference.

When anyone says Combloc, then which Combloc Country did it come from?
Russian or Russian copy? If that is a fairly common Yugo side rail, it is also of entirely different dimensions. I been through this stuff before on a variety of AK's, all true imports by the way,
numerous times. These American made/assembled guns just may have any side rail on them.
Plus, that VSK may very well be a proprietary one.

So, call that manufacturer before you buy any thing for it. Nuff said.

·
Registered
13,229 Posts
Iknow, i Know, ewwww a century arms ak.
1st, it was a gift, And 2nd, ive had mine a while and have over 1000 problem free rounds through it. It goes bang every time, is barely showing any wear internally, and my headspace is perfect.\
Anyhow, I need some help. I can not for the life of me find the mounts that fit this side rail, or railed forends that will fit this rifle. Is it just standard ak forends? I believe it is a comblock style side rail as it said "comblock side" on the box. i need some way to put this sig romeo 5 my wife got me for our anniversary on it.
Box said vska tactical, comblock side, if that helps any. looks like a standard ak to me, but ive only owned one other ak before this one(and that was a pistol variant).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
The MI mounts are some of the best. The standard mount will fit on your CAI AK. Just be sure to get one not marked for Dragunov or Yugo (Zastava) or some other subspecies.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts