Centerpint 4-16x issue

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by RedFries3, Feb 3, 2012.

1. RedFries3

RedFries3 New Member

So i was shooting my .22 today and all the sudden during my session my point of impact switched about 1 foot to the left. I figured the wind had picked up since I was long range shooting (300 yards) so I didn't adjust it. I thought about it and the wind didn't pick up any so I adjusted the windage a bit, no change. I adjusted some more, no change. I adjusted it all the way until I maxed it out and my point of impact had not changed at all. The adjustment still felt the same it clicked like it should didn't feel loose or anything, and the elevation still works just not the windage. I looked in the manual and tried a few things but nothing worked. I didn't do anything to the scope at all it changed mid session so I didn't hit it by accident or anything. What is wrong with it and is there a fix? Or do I have to send it back? Thanks

Last edited: Feb 3, 2012
  2. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Scope is dead take it back to wally world, or buy a good quality scope since u are "long range with a 22 "

3. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

300 yards! That is extreme marksmanship!! Come on now, you can't hit a 12" target at 300 yards w/ a .22lr? ;)

4. RedFries3

RedFries3 New Member

It's not from wally world I got it at a gun show, and I'm sorry I said I was "shooting long range" 300 yards seems pretty far for a .22lr to me and if it's not and your mocking me for it sorry I don't know the correct term for every thing to do with firearms I just like to have fun shooting. Anyways anyone else know whats up with the scope?

5. dks7895

dks7895 New Member

300 yards with a 22lr? Shoot it at 25 yards and see what you get. It might be toast, and it might not.

6. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Like I said 300 yatds is very long range with a 22 dont skimp on cheap scopes for big range shots with a rimfire, u sure it isnt 300 feet thats 100 yards, an yes walmart sells centerpoint scopes for 69.99

7. RedFries3

RedFries3 New Member

Oh ok i'm sorry I though you were being sarcastic because you put it in quotes and yes I'm sure its 300 yards I used a gps but I think it's just toast I don't how or why it broke but looks like I'm sending it back, or do you think i can return it to walmart for a replacement even though I didn't get it there?

8. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

300 yards w/ a .22lr is next to impossible. 100 yards pretty much max's out most .22 Rifles, seriously. Without some sort of extreme mount, you would not have the adjustments to go that far.
    So, your scope has changed POI. Have you checked the bases? they may have loosened up and the scope has creeped back. What kind of rifle? How many rounds?

9. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

Try tighting the adjustment nob with a allen wretch it probably came loose and u lost zero cuz mine did it when I first got it

10. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

U said u didnt buy from wal mart so I wont tell u to take it back to a store u didnt buy from, I dont like to cheat it does come full circle, just go to a gun shop or online to cabelas or any of the big names an get the best u can afford u wont be sorry even if its a nikon prostaff for 169.99 its a huge leap,up from centerpoint blurry scopes. Cheap scopes are cheap scopes period. U should know that if u have been shooting 300 yrds with a 22lr.

11. RedFries3

RedFries3 New Member

yah I did try that but no luck, thanks though

12. RedFries3

RedFries3 New Member

Ok well the guy I got it from gave me his card and said he would replace anything that broke for free so I will probably , and I don't really think I need to buy a $200 scope for a $200 .22 and I figured I don't need anything strong because .22 recoil is like nothing but I don't know. I'll just be super careful with the replacement (not that I was careless with this one).

13. bigdaddy573

bigdaddy573 New Member

well Sounds like an upgrade is in your future

14. RedFries3

RedFries3 New Member

I don't usually shoot at 300 yards i just was today also the scope had enough elevation for 300 yards. but I tried shooting it at 100 yards when I noticed the change and it was the same nothing affected the POI and I could check the bases but I don't think that's the problem because the POI won't change at all I even tried it at 10 yards and nothing. And its a marlin xt-22 bolt action, and about 1000 rounds through it

15. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

I am going to say something broke in the scope. Either send it back to the seller for a new one or trash it and go buy a decent scope.

As for some of the comments sounds like some of you OLD GUARD guys need an attitude adjustments. (Just a friendly observation)

If I were you I would pick up a BSA for around $80 to $100. http://swfa.com/BSA-3-12x44-Essential-Air-Rifle-Scope-P1955.aspx They are a decent enough scope. I have had one for 12 years on one of my rimfires and it is still going strong...

16. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Where was the attitude in any of our posts, its not attitude there jr its called common sense a 22 is by no means a long range gun, keep the smug kid comments to facebook not here