ceakote

Discussion in 'Engraving & Refinishing' started by koolkat, Feb 27, 2012.

1. koolkat

koolkat New Member

I have an M&P 9c and had someone powdercoat it in red, problem is it looks like poop, i need to know if there is anyone close to me in ohio or even some reputable company I can ship it to, that can get this powdercoat crap off and do a cerakote, and make it look like its suppose to! Please help!! Thanks

Last edited: Feb 27, 2012
  2. koolkat

koolkat New Member

Oh and btw its just the slide, its already taken apart and just a slide so no disassimbly required. And im close to dayton

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I have used a industrial paint stripper to remove powder coat before , it takes a while and I highly suggest chemical proof gloves, goggles and a mask the stuff I used on the powdercoat stunk pretty bad . I have also heard of guys using carb cleaner and throwing their part in a heavy duty plastic bag and letting the fumes peel it back but havent tried that myself so I dont know how well it truely works. However do not get either of those 2 chemicals on anything plastic , its bad news if you do

4. Muliemaster

Muliemaster New Member

Sand blast it the contact a custom shop that uses the creakote u can find them on line pretty easy