Ccw

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by arashid630, May 7, 2013.

1. arashid630

arashid630 New Member

CCW Badge Good or Bad? That topic came out at the smoke shack due to an article. I can see it go both ways. What do you guys think? Pros? Cons?

2. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

If you're talking about a civilian CCW badge that must be displayed when you CC - NFW!!

Might as well OC.

3. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

I see no reason for a civilian to have a badge. If I wanted to display a shiny ting that said I have a gun...Well..I have a gun.

I think those badges confuse people into thinking a CCW person is an officer.

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

5. MandPgrl

MandPgrl New Member

That is something for someone to make a little money on.Otherwise,it's one of the dumbest things made,smh.

6. rhyno13

rhyno13 New Member

I don't let anyone know that I am carrying.

7. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

8. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

I am against it.

I interpret "concealed" as also meaning I don't want any evidence that I am carrying.

9. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Not a good idea. The whole purpose of "concealed" carry is to NOT stand out in the crowd.

10. arashid630

arashid630 New Member

Agreed. The argument that was presented to me was "what if you engage against some BG & u run to assist LEO wouldn't you want a fast way to ID yourself... Specially when LEO backup arrives?" We'll I didn't have much to say to that... What do you guys think?

11. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

A badge is a badge is a badge....

Some BG's have a "thing" against cops. Could the badge set you up as a target?

As far as identifying myself, "Specially when LEO backup arrives", I don't see the need. I do see the need to follow the LEO backup's commands and let them take over with the assist. Besides, I have a mouth that can say "I came to help the officer".

12. 7point62

7point62 Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges.

13. trip286

trip286 New Member

This is exactly why some think it's a bad idea, and the argument that was made that made me believe it was a bad idea (I used to think it was okay. I had to change that way of thinking).

The biggest social norm for the use of a badge is to identify a person of authority. This can be extremely easily construed into impersonating a police officer.

Well that hold up in court? Hell, I dunno. Would I want to be the one trying to defend against that charge? Hell no.

14. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

In many jurisdictions a badge can get you arrested. There is a thin line between having any badge and impersonating a law enforcement official. Carrying any such credential while armed may end in your arrest.:eek:

15. arashid630

arashid630 New Member

That's what made the most sense to me screaming out of my comfort zone "I came to help the officer" more then likely the officer whom I'm assisting should've radio in the description of a friendly civilian aid anyway

16. arashid630

arashid630 New Member

Hah that'll be a good one to forward the fellow trooper that was fore the badge.... Me personally I'd rather spend my money on something like a USCCA Shield membership

17. arashid630

arashid630 New Member

Speaking of USCCA memberships anyone had or heard of any experience with such 2A protection membership group? I've been planning to get a membership for that what if factor... Any suggestions on that anyone?

18. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

I would say "Why do you think THAT would identify you as a good guy to responding LEOs?" Hell, I WAS an LEO- and if I was in civvies, in another jurisdiction where I was not known on sight- and I went to the aid of a fellow officer- I fully expected to be proned out by the responding cavalry until they had a chance to sort out what was happening.

19. grandpabear

grandpabear New Member

If you're carrying concealed, why in the world would you want to advertise it?:confused:

20. arashid630

arashid630 New Member

That sounds like standard protocol for any LE agency