Ccw sub compact

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by TMLAROCK, Sep 25, 2012.

1. TMLAROCK

TMLAROCK New Member

I have a bunch of possibilities for a 9mm sub compact but can't decide, ant suggestions?

2. connectegr

connectegr New Member

I have said it on several posts. But here is another recommendation for the Sig P938

Attached Files:

3. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

The Sig P938 requires you to be able to train often enough that disabling a thumb safety is second nature even under stress. If you have and train with 1911's often, the 238/938 is a great platform.

I don't, however, so I have decided that DAO striker-fired single stack guns are the ones for me. I carry a Kahr P380 in my pocket, a Kahr CM9 IWB, and plan on buying a TP9 IWB when I don't need to go as small as the CM9. Can you tell I like Kahrs?

I keep trying to toy with 1911's and I never quite get addicted like some do. At the range they are all that and some. But when I'm carrying, I do NOT want to have to worry about a thumb safety.

4. TMLAROCK

TMLAROCK New Member

I was also looking at the sig p250 subcompact nitron

5. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I really like my LC9. I'm in the process of getting the short pull trigger assembly for it from Galloway precision . the stock one isn't terrible it just takes some getting used to

6. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I have a CM9 in and a P290 in the shop and the only thing I don't like about the CM9 is it seems a bit grungy for a lack of better words.

7. TMLAROCK

TMLAROCK New Member

Feeling the p250 as well

8. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

I will always have a subcompact/micro 9mm as one carry option...and by that I mean a sub-20oz single stack. It's just tough to beat the power:size ratio of such a gun.

I've investigated most of what's out there and found that the S&W M&P Shield was the best option under $600 for my preferences. It's tiny, light, shoots like a medium framed gun, and boasts excellent capacity (7 or 8 +1) for its size. They run about $450.

The next best similar options in my mind are Ruger's LC9 and Kahr's CM9. Just my own preferences. And if you're open to double stacks or have a bigger budget, the list of candidates quickly expands.

9. Gonzilla

Gonzilla Active Member

.380 vs 9mm - tough call as the 9mm guns are almost the same size and close in weight. (under 1/2 lb in weight ). 9mm ammo is definitely cheaper.

Nutenfancy on YouTube makes a good case for 9mm. I still have my love/hate thing going on w my LCP. Might switch back to FMJ for reliable penetration.

10. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I don't like to mix trigger pull types and my main go to is a cm9 for pocket a cw9 for when iwb works best and taurus tcp 380 for when smaller . The kahrs are over 2200 rounds and trouble free . HP ammo is a speer gd +P load. I have run now around 600 of those HP's thru both kahrs over the last few years with 100% reliablity. A hand gun that will not feed HP ammo reliably is not worth owning.

11. gilfo

gilfo Member

Kahr CM9 for a single stack
    Walther P99C for a double stack
    That's what I have.

12. levelcross

levelcross New Member

M&P9C, is a good choice, G 26 for the non Glock haters, Kimber offers the Ultra in 9mm (one year warranty), Colt New Agent, SA XD9, Ruger LC9.

It really depends on what you feel the most comfortable with as far as grip feel, trigger pull, weight, style. Shop around and find the one you just can't put back down and buy it.

13. Mississippi_ccw

Mississippi_ccw New Member

I have a taurus 709 slim. Great gun... for the money. but i'm looking at replacing it with s&w m&p9c. 709 is under $400, but has a few flaws in the design.

14. robertusa123

robertusa123 New Member

keltec p-11 9mm and for sub sub compact keltec p32 32auto

15. MyRawTalent

MyRawTalent New Member

Glock 26 sub compact