Firearms Talk banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
sbach311 said:
After 86 days of waiting I finally received my carry permit!!!!!
Move to bucks county, Pa. You walk into the sheriffs office and fill out a form and pay $20. Wait about 10 mins for the background check to go through. If you pass the BC you get your picture taken on the spot and you walk out with a Conceal carry permit. 30 minute process.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
3 weeks in South Carolina.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Got mine in 2.5 weeks in Missouri. My wife got hers in about 10 days.
How long ago was that? I applied monday (4/8) and they told me 45 days....and there was a guy picking up his paperwork and I asked him as well....he said he waited 45 days. Everyone there told me that a year ago it was usually a week or so....guess times have changed. What county are you in?

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Anyone get a non-resident Utah permit lately? I'm going for a class Sat. 4/13 and am just curious.

·
Registered
69 Posts
AR10 said:
Nebraska, 42 days, 46 counting US Postal Service.
I had no idea how long it takes in other states. I was *****ing because I had to sit the the sheriffs office for 30 minutes to get approved. Crazy that I got mine in 30 minutes and it takes days and even months in other states.

·
Registered
2,879 Posts
I received mine in 3 weeks, but that was in mid 2012. Now there is a mad dash for permits, 40,000 in the 1st 3 months this year in South Carolina, so it may be taking longer now.

·
Registered
87 Posts
As of today I'm at 49 days here in Colorado. From what I've heard it's taking all of the 90 day time frame they give you.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
sc00ts said:
As of today I'm at 49 days here in Colorado. From what I've heard it's taking all of the 90 day time frame they give you.
My dad got his today and only waited 64 days. Looks like they are speeding it up.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts