CCW or Open Carry in Starbucks!

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by CipsterX, Apr 11, 2012.

1. CipsterX

CipsterX New Member

I'm in Starbucks now strapped :)

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I find myself more of a ccw guy rather than open. Most of the time anyway, normally I open carry at Starbucks, what little I go.

3. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

Starbucks Corporate policy is to follow local laws in all there establishments so if your in a area where open carry is legal, then yes, you can open carry is Starbucks. Same goes for CCW.

They don't make a big deal of it but should be commended for NOT buckling to the vocal minority idiots who would have them post gun buster stickers on thier doors and loose a big chunk of business from those of us who carry.

Kudos Starbucks

Tack

4. Polygon

Polygon New Member

I don't care for open carry in populated areas. I think it's a bad idea, even though you might have the right to. I much prefer to conceal my gun rather than have it out for everyone to see.

I have to agree, Starbucks should be commended for supporting people's rights.

5. Sniper03

Sniper03 Supporting Member Supporter

It is certainly a persons right to open carry!
    But I choose not to! If I have to take action I do not want them pr-determining me as a threat. Which would make me a target before I was even aware of their intent. The element of surprise with the CCW is to my advantage because I can act on my time not theirs. Just my view only after around 30 years LEO and SWAT! :D

6. CipsterX

CipsterX New Member

I just wanted to support them and went and ordered a 5.00 coffee with my pistol :)

7. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

The way see it, open carry makes you stand out and the first target for some deranged shooter out to make a name for himself. Plus, it tends to make the public nervous. I CC and never tell anyone that I am carrying.

8. Polygon

Polygon New Member

Exactly how I feel.

9. MrWray

MrWray New Member

I dont like any sort of attention, i dont like prying eyes on me "from anyone". YES open carry makes people nervous and YES some criminals take out the obvioisly armed person first "its a fact". Oklahoma doesnt have open carry option, but even if they did i will still CC. I love being the sleeper in a crowd

10. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I don't open carry . No need in gitting some pacifist excited and haveing the law called, And I don't go to starbucks or any other over price coffee house.

11. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Been shown to not be true over and over again, and according the open carry org, the exact opposite is true.

But, if you don't want the attention that it seldom brings, so be it.

12. fupuk

fupuk New Member

As of right now i cant conceal because im waiting for my Cpl in the mail. So i do open carry because thats all i can leagaly do as of now. But it will be concealed as soon as i get it in the mail.

13. partdeux

How are you coming on learning MI screwy firearm laws?

14. fupuk

fupuk New Member

I know the laws good. Its just the state bullsh!ting around to get my Cpl. I handed the application in the end of November, same day as my fiance. She got hers the middle of Febuary. They say they are waiting on a arrest report from six years ago and no one has received it and my local police station said they sent it over a month ago. The clerks office says they never received it. I called yesterday and today to get everything resent but im still gonna have to wait a month before the gun board meets in kent county. There is no reason it should be such a hassel. Thats the only reason i open carry because whats the point of doing it illegaly and getting caught? Defenitly not worth it to me. But the person that has a illegal gun dosent care about waiting six months so he can walk around with one. Thats my only gripe.

15. partdeux

What about the law that says if they don't have the required info back from the state in 45 days they have to issue a temp license? you may fall into that very limited exemption ;)

I keep learning more and more about our screwy laws. I completely missed the fact there's an entirely different set of rules for CPL transport carry while between .02-.08 BAC.

16. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I conceal all the time. I am 6' 2" 220 LBS. I am enough of a target without people knowing I am packing. I like having the element of suprise.

17. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

^^THIS^^

Tack

18. CipsterX

CipsterX New Member

19. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

I prefer not to be on anything when carrying even caffeine, I like to have a steady hand and caffeine shakes are not helpful.....lol

20. BikerRN

BikerRN New Member

I make a habit of open carrying when I go to Starbucks.

I pay with $2 notes too. ;) I will admit to my awareness level being ratcheted up a notch since my handgun is exposed for the world to see for the short period of time I'm in there but to me the benefits outweigh the risk. If nobody open carries in Starbucks they may soon forget about gun toters and ban firearms in their establishments. By letting them view guns carried in a responsible manner by polite patrons it serves as an economic reminder to them that we, gun toters, are an economic force to be reckoned with.