CCW in Indiana?

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by bigbud9mm, Sep 4, 2012.

1. bigbud9mm

bigbud9mm New Member

How many of us are out there? What's your gun of choice? Let's hear it.

Mine....Kel Tec PF9 with an Uncle Mikes inside the waistband #1

2. fmj

fmj New Member

lifetimer here...PF-9 in the summer. 1911 in the colder times.

3. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Also a lifetimer. My EDC is my G35 in a N82 pro tactical IWB.

4. MustangBOSS9

MustangBOSS9 New Member

My wife paid for my lifetime card for my birthday She's going to be next and a couple LCR's and a nice GP100 will follow. Probably stick with revolvers because she struggles to pull the slide back on the semis. We are going to get some good training before we actually carry any weapons on us though.

5. bigbud9mm

bigbud9mm New Member

Yeah I'm a lifetimer as well. Been hunting for years but looking for a class or group to join on CCW in my area. Southern Indiana. If anyone knows of one.

6. Gibbs9mm

Gibbs9mm New Member

Xd 9 all the time

7. FearTheFree7

FearTheFree7 New Member

Sig sauer p238 in the summer. Glock 23 in the winter.

8. shootinbil

shootinbil New Member

I'm a life timer. I carry all the time. I carry a Nano in 9nm

9. CarmelPaneristi

CarmelPaneristi New Member

Lifetime CCW out of Carmel. Typical everyday carry used to be the Sig 238, but I just sold it and now use the Sig 938 which I am very happy with. In the winter months I sometimes carry a Kimber Ultra Covert 2 1911 or a Glock 19.

10. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

Applied for my lifetime permit 2 weeks ago. About how long does it take to get it back??

11. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

Lifer from Corydon, southern Indiana off I64. I got my lifetime last summer and had a four year permit for one cycle before that. I think it took my lifetime about 10 weeks to arrive.

Mostly I carry a Rock Island Armory 1911 in a blackhawk serpa paddle holster. Sometimes depending on clothing ill drop my bersa .380 in a pocket and go.

12. bigbud9mm

bigbud9mm New Member

I got my lifetime in a little over 2 1/2 weeks. That's in Evansville Indiana.

13. pistolpacker

pistolpacker New Member

Hello all. Lifetime license, EDC is a PF 9 right now. Gun shoots straight but pretty snappy. Lookin for a mp sheild. But noone to be found

Btw. I'm in the Noblesville area.

14. fmj

fmj New Member

Did you have a prior CCW? If so, it shouldnt take too long. I had had my CCW for 16 years prior to applying for my lifetime when it came time to renew. I think it only took a couple of weeks. Dont remember exactly as i have had the lifetime for a few years now.

15. fmj

fmj New Member

Sure are a lot of folks that trust their azzes to a PF-9 in this state.

Sure seems strange to me considering their have been a lot of threads started/posts made saying the PF-9 is a "junk" gun. :rolleyes:We must get the "special" batches of a different gun up here in IN.:p

16. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Nothing but the best for us Hoosiers!!!;)

17. bigbud9mm

bigbud9mm New Member

I haven't shot my PF9 enough yet but so far so good.

18. fmj

fmj New Member

I would suggest shooting the snot out of the little devil. It certainly takes some getting used to.

19. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

No I just turned 18 so this is my first permit

20. fmj

fmj New Member

OK, well by law the state has 6 weeks to confirm or deny your permit. If they deny, for whatever reason, you will receive a letter explaining the reason(s) and your check in the mail.

Just another of the many reasons i LOVE my adopted state of IN. 18 to legally carry.

The way i look at it, if at 18 your old enough to be tried as an adult, vote for the country's leadership, join the military and possibly die. Then one should be able to purchase and carry a gun and be allowed to purchase/legally drink alcohol.