CCW Holster Thread

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by CA357, Aug 5, 2011.

1. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

What type/s of holster/s do you use to concealed carry? Why? What are the advantages or disadvantages? Which manufacturers do you prefer?

Inquiring minds want to know. :D

2. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

3. CA357

Thanks Brian, I bookmarked the site.

4. canebrake

canebrake New Member

I have been a Crossbreed fan for some time now. The one thing I find the most beneficial is the comfort it provides when carrying a full size 1911.

I was going to order another for my Browning Hi-Power until I found out that the FS Government is the same part number as the BHP. I have tried to carry my Browning in the Crossbreed and there is a lack of "capture" on the BHP. It rattles around in the holster.

I thought about purchasing the Crossbreed in horsehide because of the weather here in south Florida. Decided to go with cow hide to save the premium up-charge and wish I had spent the extra cash.

I started to look around for a new holster and ran across a member's suggestion (Goju was that you?) to check out Theis Holsters of North Little Rock, Ar. I did and I contacted Tommy Theis posing my concern of Kydex holsters sold for the Browning HP are actually formed using a 1911 blank.

Tommy made it very clear that his BHP holsters are made with a Browning blank and they hold the pistol securely. He went on to add that all his holsters come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee, lifetime warranty. Wear it for two weeks and if you don't like it, return it for a full refund.

Theisholsters.com | Products | Custom IWB Holsters

I just got my Browning Hi-Power Theis Holster yesterday. It was $65 including shipping for the horsehide version. It is going into a two week test periord and I will post a staff review of my thoughts when finished.

Things are looking good for Tommy's holster, it passes the canebrake, upside-down shake test. The Crossbreed failed the test without the shake part!

Film at 11:00. [​IMG]

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Yes, that was me. I've been pimpimg out the Theis holsters ever since I had one for my xdsc. It was horsehide and I suggest to spend the extra $$ for the horsehide.
    Tommy is a great guy to deal with and always keeps his word. :cool:

6. Recomm

Recomm New Member

I like Kydex holsters. Slim and durable

7. armoredman

armoredman Member

COMIII from HBE Specialty Leatherworks for the P-01, great rig.

[​IMG]

High Noon Down Under with straps for the CZ Sp-01 Phantom, and yes, I do carry it concealed in AZ heat. :)

[​IMG]

8. CA357

What the...? Nobody else carries here?

9. towboater

towboater Active Member

eBay purchase. Maker in Philippines

[​IMG]

10. OC357

OC357 New Member

Bianchi Pancake holster.

[​IMG]