Ccw colorado

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by sbach311, Jan 7, 2013.

1. sbach311

sbach311 New Member

I'm taking my ccw class this week, I know I have to go to my sherif but what else do I have to do and how long till I get my card? Any feedback from colorado ccw permit holders would be appreciated

2. cmj685

cmj685 New Member

I think (despite the fact that there are very specific rules in the state regs) that alot depends on the local sheriff. I showed up at mine, explained I was a competitive shooter, and he simply asked me to show him a certificate of some recent training I had taken. With that and the proper fees (if I recall it was about $100 or so for the BCI and $50 for his office at the time some years ago? Don't quote me on that) I had my card in about 6 weeks.

3. machengative

machengative New Member

I was pretty lucky. Signed papers, got fingerprints, took picture and walked out with a permit. I get fingerprinted for my hazmat license, which probably sped things up. I know a lot of counties are back logged right now with the increased demand for licenses.

4. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I put in for my renewal back in the first week of November. It is not in yet. I called the sherrifs office. They said it is taking about 9 weeks now. For Mesa County you need a class that has instuction on self defense law. Most counties dont require that. But my wife went to a class that lasted a couple of hours. She got hers pretty quick. Mine only took about 3 weeks the first time. But they are quite busy right now.

5. sbach311

sbach311 New Member

Thanks everybody for all your input!!!