CCW class

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by invicta8926, Feb 26, 2012.

1. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

I am new so if this post is in the wrong spot please point me in the right direction. I am about to take the ccp class on the third (Ed's gun shop on US 1). I am wondering a few things about preparation. What should I wear? Do I need to bring a range bag? Do bring my firearm into the building when I get there? Anyone with ANY information on the class would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

2. bub72ck

bub72ck New Member

Don't about your specific class but the one I have in three weeks wants you to bring the following:

Firearm
    50 rounds of ammo
    Ear and eye protection
    Clothing appropriate for the day's weather

My friend who took the same class told me you need to be experienced with the weapon you take. How to cock, decock, load, unload, and fire. Also where all of the safety devices are.

I would assume most of the CCW classes are the same or similar.

3. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Go armed to the teeth, dressed for battle, and have all magazines loaded.

4. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

And dont forget to scream "CHARLIE HAS US SURROUNDED!" As you walk through the door.

5. slim325

slim325 New Member

Maybe contact them by phone and ask?maybe?

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Silly- everybody knows it's "GET TO DA CHOPPA!"

7. invicta8926

invicta8926 New Member

LOL, thanks guys. I asked for the instructors email and it was incorrect so I decides to ask you guys. I'll be sure to run through the door screaming.......

8. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

All kidding aside: Go to the CCW class with your gun and shooting gear, but go with humbleness.

9. UrbanNinja

UrbanNinja New Member

I agree, I would go prepared as if I were spending a day at the range.

10. Greg_E

Greg_E New Member

I wouldn't load the mags. Some instructors like to load 3-5 and do reload drills. Just bring the ammo and let your instructor tell you what to do. As for your weapon, bring it in its case unloaded of course.

11. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

I know in our class there could be no loaded weapons. I believe we couldn't even have ours in the class, but locked up in our vehicles. Have fun and good luck.