CCW Appeal

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Chef Ward, Apr 25, 2019.

1. Fred_G

Fred_G Well-Known Member Supporter

Well, if that is the case, perhaps one of those concealed carry badges would be worth a look at.:)

Rifling82 and PaBushMan like this.
  2. freefall

freefall Well-Known Member

This thread made me look, got to re-up MY permit. :(

Rifling82 likes this.

3. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Same here, in about 4 months. Didn't have to look, as it's hard to forget the date on mine.

11 September.

Rifling82 likes this.
  4. freefall

It's the year I tend to forget.

5. Wambli

Wambli Well-Known Member

There must be a record or how did they find out about it? And in many states even if charges are dropped you still have an arrest record to contend with which unless you have it expunged it will follow you forever.

kfox75 likes this.
  6. kfox75

kfox75 Well-Known Member Supporter

Such as NY for instance.

I actually had to go in front of a judge and the sheriff in my county, when I lived there, due to a couple times getting popped for driving on a suspended license (misdemeanors must also be listed on the application there), and two assault charges, all of which were either dismissed, or pled down. (DWAS reduced to expired license and a parking ticket, both counts, assaults ruled SD.) I also had a 6 month delay, on top of the normal wait, placing me at alomst 23 when I finally got it, after applying a few days before my 22nd birthday.

Along with listing what, you also have to list when, where, and what the final disposition of the case was, and in certain cases (hence my delay), provide written proof of such. I had to contact 5 courts, in writing, pay $10 per record, wait for the judge in each case to approve the request, wait for the contact letter, and then take time off from work, to show up in person, during business hours, to collect the paperwork, then make an appointment with the pistol permit clerk at the county courthouse, to turn them in for review, before having to go back in front of said judge, again, to get my permit approved. Then, it took another three months for it to be ready for me to pick it up.

And no, it's not just convictions. If you have ever been arrested or ticketed with a misdemeanor, it has to be listed on the application, same with felonies. If you fail to list them, they will deny you. Even if charges were dropped, you got a plea bargain, or you were exonerated.

much easier here in PA, one form, single page, pay $20, show ID, and my wife's and my LTCF and handgun hunting permits were still warm, fresh out of lamination, when we got them.

Wambli and PaBushMan like this.
  7. freefall

I just read on Bearing Arms that the WA supreme court ruled that a guy who committed a felony as a juvie, was tried as such, and whose records are sealed can't have a CCW permit. Tho he can own a gun.