CCW App

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by deg, Feb 26, 2014.

1. deg

deg Active Member Lifetime Supporter

So, I was thumbing through a Thread and a couple of posters suggested downloading a CCW app on Smartphone’s - good call! I searched CCW and found some choices, none are expensive, a dollar or two. I guess my question is, if there are any inputs as to which one is favored by the masses?

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yo lo siento, senor, pero me no comprende.

I'll stick to English if you will. What the heck is a CCW app? :confused:

3. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

The one I like is called CCW. I think its 99 cents.

It was time for a new signature. This is what you get.

5. DP03

DP03 New Member

Yup, this is the one I use. Great app.

For iphone, go to App store, search for CCW. Should be at the top of the search, and it's called CCW- Concealed Carry 50 State Guide. Picture of a gun in front of the US map.

6. deg

For what it’s worth – I ordered CCW, CCA, and Legal Heat yesterday. Playing around in all three and can see advantages and disadvantages upfront. I suspect at some point one of them will become my go-too app.

7. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

Do these apps show city and county laws? State laws are not a huge issue when traveling but finding info on county and city laws is a PITA.

8. deg

Let me sniff around a bit and will see if I can determine

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

9. DP03

DP03 New Member

John, I use the CCW app, and I just looked and I don't see where it offers local law information. I just see state.

10. 25-5

25-5 New Member

Try "Legal Heat"
    Oops. Didn't read ahead.

11. deg

I am thinking none of them go to that detail. However with that said CCW's site has an APP link to "Posted Location" which I just purchased, it appears, with the little I have rooted around in it, that you can enter the zip code or towns name and it gives you places you ought not take a firearm.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk