CCP question....help!

Discussion in 'Virginia Gun Forum' started by robbob3406, Feb 3, 2013.

1. robbob3406

robbob3406 New Member

Hello everyone.
    I had my ccp revoked over 3 years ago for receiving 2 misdemeanor drunk in publics in a 5 year period (only one was my fault by I digress).
    Question is, how long must I wait before I can reapply for a permit and does anyone know how I could go about finding out the answer to this question if no one here has one?

Thanks in advance!

2. Renegade44

Renegade44 New Member

Look up the law in your state. Contact a CCP instructor for answers or contact info.

3. robbob3406

robbob3406 New Member

Renegade, thanks for the advice.
    I have tried to look up the va law regarding this but havn't had much luck additionally, it's probably written in such a way that I would need a lawyer to decipher it.

4. Renegade44

Renegade44 New Member

Don't quote me on this. I believe as long as it wasn't an offense with battery or domestic abuse it's 5 yrs normally.

5. AR10

AR10 New Member

Nebraska is ten years of no hiccups then maybe you can reapply. Some issues are forever.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

This is going to vary- more by regulation that law- from one state to the next. You will need to check with the licensing authority in YOUR state.

7. robbob3406

robbob3406 New Member

Thanks to everyone and their responses!
    BTW, I am located in VA.

8. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Call the Sheriff's Dept or Police dept, ask to speak to the folks that handle background investigations for a CHL. Lay your cards out, ask them. Typically 5 yrs.