CCI Tactical .22 Ammunition

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by TheRicho1, Jun 6, 2012.

1. TheRicho1

TheRicho1 New Member

Anyone here had an opportunity to try this stuff out? I know I've been hearing some of the higher end tacti-cool .22s ( M&P 15-22, etc. ) aren't performing as well as owners want them to - apparently this ammo solves that? Or maybe it's an ingenious plan hatched by CCI to capitalize on the growing trend of tactical plinkers and ammo sales... Anyways, lower velocity than the CCI Mini Mags, but not sub sonic - increasing accuracy and cycling.? Also, if you have tried it, where did you get it and how much did you pay? I'm having trouble finding it.

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Cci usually makes good stuff. Not sure about the tactical .22 ammo idea. Don't see a need for it.

3. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I think its a marketing gimmick. My S&W 15-22 runs fine on whatever I put through it. Why pay more?

It kinds of seems like the Hornady Zombie ammo. Same ammo dressed up with a trendy name.

4. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

I see it at Cheaper than dirt.
    But what's the point?
    I agree with aandabooks.

5. techiej

techiej New Member

Bought 3x375 round boxes on sale (less than the mini-mags) and they shot fine out of my S&W MP15-22.

Personally I would buy it if it were the same/less $ than the mini-mags.

FYI -- out of a total of over 4,000 rounds I have yet to have a failure to fire/eject/other problem with CCI's so am very happy with them (and the gun).

6. TheRicho1

TheRicho1 New Member

From the research I've been doing this is what I've found...

Generally they are charging $20 for a box of 375 - that's cheaper than Mini Mags.

They are about 35 FPS slower than Mini Mags. According to R & D done by CCI - they were getting FTFs out of other ammo - usually due to higher velocities and cycling the bolt too quickly. These supposed "tactical" rounds are ideal for fast paced semi-auto plinking - they claim 0 FTF.

Just wanted to see what you fine gents have found from your own experiences.

7. dan01

dan01 New Member

I haven't seen them on the market here yet.........So far all my 22s shoot fine with anything except Remington junk.

8. Curlyjoe_99

Curlyjoe_99 New Member

too true.

but, i would live to have a couple of boxes on the mantle with the matching rifle gently placed in the near corner..... just to mess with my friend's heads. :)

I have a UMAREX M4 Ops. the designers included an adjustment screw to change the rate of the bolt cycling with differing ammunition. it is supposed to be able to adjust to hyper velocity and down to sub-sonics. however, if the gimmick costs the same or less and DOES solve the FTF issues some weapons are having, i would at least test it out once it is available in my area.

9. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

Still not as cheap as Federal at Wal-mart. My S&W is my plinking/fun gun. It is plenty accurate for that at 50 yards. When I want to shoot off a bench and make tight groups, I have other guns for that. Then CCI Mini-Mags are the minimum ammo that I use. Cyclic rates don't come into play with the bench guns, they all have bolts.

10. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Makes me wonder how they do out of other "ammo-finicky" rifles...
    anyone got an ARMSCOR 1600 or a Squires-Bingham 16 lying around?? ;)

11. dan01

dan01 New Member

I found that after 500 to 1000 rounds my rifles will shoot most anything.....Golden Bullets for the single shots and revolvers.