CCI Quiet .22

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by whiptail, Jun 14, 2012.

1. whiptail

whiptail New Member

Anybody try these out? Would love to be able to plink in the backyard!!!!

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Used to use them to shoot squirrels out my buddies window. Makes the gun sound more like a pellet gun. Nosey neighbors may still call the cops.

3. moron88

moron88 New Member

yep, bought a box today. they are just as quiet as cb's and hit harder. they feed well in my model 60 but lack the power to rack the bolt all the way. just a warning though, if shooting from a semi, you will get some spray out of the chamber. i experienced the same thing from my savage break action using cb's. it's due to the hotter primer they use in lieu of powder. when the rim is hit, it can rupture allowing the primer to escape out the back. annoying, especially if you're a lefty, but not serious.

4. whiptail

whiptail New Member

I am going to have to pick some up then.if the cops come I'll pull out the air soft!!!

5. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

They have only been out a couple months and I have shoot my first 500 play'n around at home and takeing a few tree rats.. Really a bolt action round but my wifes old 10/22 does cycle with them, mine will not . Thats what 40 year old recoil springs are good for. My savage bolt rifle will group them between 5/8 and 3/4" at 25 yards a little better out of wifes clark barreled ruger.. Thats good for head shot small game. No issues with them. And the price is right at $27.80 for 500 .

6. whiptail

whiptail New Member

That's great they will be perfect for my bolt savage mk. Thanks for the info guys.

7. whiptail

whiptail New Member

couldent find the cci quiet but picked up the CBs and they are pretty quiet, going to dicks today and maybe ill get lucky.

8. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

whiptail if dicks does not have them and probably won't tell your small LGS you want some . They will get them in justa couple days . Atleast mine does.

9. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I have CBee22 Low Noise rounds. They are not powerful enough to put the next round in the chamber of my .22 semi-auto pistol but they work fine in my Dad's Marlin Bolt action.

10. whiptail

whiptail New Member

I picked up the CBs yesterday and they worked great in my savage bolt but the marlin 60 would not cycle . Perfect for bolt guns though!!!still looking for the quiets.asked LGS to order will see what happens trying dicks today.

11. TooStrongTerry

TooStrongTerry New Member

How QUIET are these things? Not to be a d*ck but EVERYWHERE I search for info ALL I hear is if they cycle in there individual semi's. Are they fing quiet or not? Lol

12. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

Well, they are quiet(er) but not as quiet as a .22 with a suppressor. If the point of having a quiet round is to not scare away the prey, I don't think it will really be that quiet. I bought the 'quiet' ammo out of curiosity. I don't really know what it's use is. :eek:

13. moron88

moron88 New Member

terry, ever shoot cb's? same report, louder impact.

winds, they are basically a cb that functions in all .22lr chambers (meaning it feeds properly). they are meant to be quiet without a $200 tax stamp. i plan on picking up a brick or 2 next month for some early morning/late night plinking.

14. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

CCI quiet fires at 64DB from a rifle. For you guys that remember eletric type writers. Stand 10 feet away while someone is typeing , thats 64db. That is fairly well quiet round. Cb is slghtly less but with very light bullet. You can shoot and hear the fireing pin click in a bolt rifle. The Quiet will not cycle in a semi-auto unless it has a very well use recoil spring and is over all and very slick bolt and reciever. I have 2 -10/22's, Wifes is a 1973 ruger with a stock recoil spring and polished where it wears and rides. My rifle has a Kidd light recoil spring in a fulliy polished bolt and reciever and will not fully cycle them. Maybe one out of 6 will cycle. My son-in-laws new marlin 795 will barely open the bolt. Guess to have a semi-auto work with them it had better be well along in years and shot alot. Get a bolt rifle to work 100%.

The round makes a practical yard cartidge for varments or close work, 25yard hunting cartidge. Even makes a good plinker for young and old kids. It will not travel down range like a run of the mill 1200fps round.

15. ineverFTF

ineverFTF New Member

These sound really interesting. nyone know if they would function well in a pump gun from 1914?

16. moron88

moron88 New Member

they are the exact same size as normal LR so, probably.

17. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

yes they will function in a pump.

18. pontiac163

pontiac163 New Member

Is the power of the round effected?

19. moron88

moron88 New Member

not sure what you mean. if you're asking if they are as powerful as high velocity, not by a long shot. hv rounds have about 120fpe, these have 45fpe.

20. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Somebody needs to run those through a suppressor. I've always heard that one of the loudest things about a supressed gun is the action cycling. The fact that it wont cycle would be a plus wouldnt it?