Firearms Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a CZ 22 Lr Kadet for my Shadow 2, that I also put a stronger hammer spring in after experiencing a few light strikes on CCI MM.
A recent trip and low and behold one that would not fire, even after repeated attempts.

So after this I put the factory spring back in and started shooting Remington Thunderbolts, with not a single problem. Then went back to CCI and agin started having FTF.
Which brings me to the conclusion that CCI case is either harder or thicker than Remington.

·
Premium Member
2,415 Posts
Yea that’s not what a fired 22 case should look like. I guess if you can get by with using different ammo your ok.

·
Premium Member
14,475 Posts
I have several factory loaded center fire rounds with dead primers. It happens.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
I would have someone look at it the firing pin is not striking the rim.
After reading your post, I looked at the spent cases and the Remington has a mark on the outside of the rim, where the CCI was not on the rim but more on the base of the case.
I got out my calipers and the Remington measured 7.1mm diameter, and the CCI was 7.5 mm.
It looks like the diameter of the shells is suspect not the firearm.

·
Premium Member
3,897 Posts
In my 41 years of shooting CCI Mini-Mags, I have experienced but one misfire, a few years ago. Really cut me at the knees in my faith, for a bit...No other brand comes close.

·
Registered
510 Posts
After reading your post, I looked at the spent cases and the Remington has a mark on the outside of the rim, where the CCI was not on the rim but more on the base of the case.
I got out my calipers and the Remington measured 7.1mm diameter, and the CCI was 7.5 mm.
It looks like the diameter of the shells is suspect not the firearm.
I have seen that with OLD sporter 22 Hornet center fire before. Rems no work, and jam in chamber. only the Winchester 22 Hornets worked in it. I mic them, same problem on case size.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,352 Posts
Some guns will only handle some brands, some loads. CCI Stingers and some others have a sightly thicker case and rim. it has been so long ago that I read on this I can't cite sources or facts though.
The firing pin might be just an imperceptible bit off without a good micrometer and pecs available. Firing pins are not expensive. try replacing it.
Sister has an S&P, pistol which I believes coems with directions to use Stingers. Anyway Stingers and Aquilla Super Maxmum and one or two more, perhaps, is all that will work reliable in it. she says. Thegun also comes in.380 and is convertible..I do not remember ever having a problem with any particular. 22 round other than a very rare failure to fire, in unremembered brands. I have cleaned guns for other that grease, wax, powder residue caused no fires and and other things. I knew/know of people who have never cleaned their.22s in decades, just wiped off the metal if that. I find these in pawn shops too and just cleaning and minor thing have a great gun for a little change..like the old 18 shot M60 Marlin.
A stronger hammer string and nothing else out of spec says to me a firing pin needs to be replaced or tried. newer .22s are not that dirty. Then there is the possibility of a bad batch of ammp but i have not read of this from anyone else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts