CCI>Federal

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Sharpshot300, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sharpshot300

Sharpshot300 New Member

Have pool tested the ballistics for the two, both were SP. CCI came out on top Every shot

2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Welcome to the forum, stop by the introductions section and tell us a little about yourself.

Judging by your certainty, I assume that you have data points to back up your conclusion?

3. sagenodland

sagenodland New Member

Im interested on the data, not boasts of brand loyalty. There are also many types of Federal ammo Federal is a brand not a type of ammo.
    If your comparing Federal bulk vs CCI mini mags then of course the CCI would win ot is $7 per 100 while Federal bulk is $17 a brick.

Your argument is invalid.

4. Vincine

Vincine New Member

CCI Mini Mags are copper jacketed, wax coated, comes in a plastic container with a slide opening top. 1600 rounds of 40 gr. CPRH Mini Mags came in a nice plastic 'ammo box' case and cost me .07 cents per round.

Federal Champion is not jacketed or waxed, and comes in cardbord boxes. 5000 rounds of 40 gr. SRN Federal Champion cost me .04 cents per round.

You know what else? A Corvette handles better at speed than than a Suburban.

(What's SP?)

5. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

Soft point I believe, looks like we have a single post user that feels like he needs to validate a point to the masses...

An unvalid point.

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

No surprise here :)
    No idea how you came to your results tho---

7. totallyfrozen

totallyfrozen New Member

Huh...Who knew TROLLS hunt with a .22?

Don't fall prey.

This thread is obviously a troll.

8. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

If he is hes not a very good one :rolleyes:

9. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

sharpshot300 how many different .22lr's types do you think are made buy federal today?? 14. cci has 12. Not a single sp to be found. Prices run from 2bucks a box to 17 bucks for 50 rounds

10. Vincine

Vincine New Member

Ah, I missed that.

11. fritzy1911

fritzy1911 New Member

Boy, ya'll are a tough crowd (Although I do agree with your points). I dont know if he's a troll or not, could just be a youngin tryin' to fit in. Either way, if he stays around here it looks like he'll get educated.

12. pioneer461

pioneer461 New Member

Twenty-twos are notoriously finicky about what ammo they like. What works for one, won't necessarily work for all.

13. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

You're right. We have 3 and two are picky and one isn't.

14. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

True but if one don't work with CCI's best to chunk it ;)

15. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Pool tested? Shot into swimming pool to test for expansion? They'd be fun to dive down and retrieve. :eek:

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I'm thinkin we are breakin the #1 rule :eek:

[​IMG]

17. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

18. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

We welcome facts and figures. This post is about a week old, with no additional info being posted, so this one gets swept up for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.