CCI Blazer empty cases?

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Petel, Mar 31, 2011.

1. Petel

Petel New Member

Hello from the UK.
    Would anyone in the USA who has some fired CCI Blazer aluminium cases in 9mm Luger/Parabellum and 38 Special, be prepared to send some to me? Five of each type would suffice.

I will be happy to cover cost and postage.

Thank you
    Pete in UK

2. Ohio_Survivor

Ohio_Survivor New Member

Just curious. What do you want with 10 empty cases?

3. JonM

JonM Moderator

he is a collector

4. Petel

Petel New Member

Hello Survivor and thank you again JonM.
    When I and my sister held FAC's in the UK, I had a Beretta 92 and my sister a Browning Barracuda.

We used both 9mm and 38 Special CCI Blazer and people I speak to now, refuse to believe that aluminiun case rounds exist. (They also appear unable to use the Internet )

Therefore, I wish to obtain some empty cases in order to demonstrate to these people that such rounds do exist. This will also enable me to more adequately explain the difference between Berdan and Boxer primers.

The only Blazer I can find available in UK is one inert 45 Auto round on an auction site.

Many thanks for your kind attention.
    Pete.

5. freefall

freefall New Member

I am soon to have some empty 10mm if that would help?

6. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I quite often have .38 and .357 aluminum cases. Would you like some?

7. meadville

meadville New Member

I have seen those aluminium cases around and the next thing you know they will be anodizing them in a rainbow of colors to match the color the new guns on the market. Color matched guns and ammo,thats a novel idea. I'm a traditionalist you might guess!

8. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

I don't know why anyone would have a difficult time with the concept of aluminium (UK Sp.) cartridge cases. Blazer ammo has been around forever, not exactly hard to verify:

GREAT ECONOMY THROUGH GREAT TECHNOLOGY. If casual practice is getting expensive, look to BlazerĀ®. Blazer uses aircraft-grade aluminum that's heat-treated to make an economical cartridge case. As the case is the most expensive component of any cartridge, our aluminum case lets us give you a cartridge that has all the performance of brass-case ammo at a more attractive price.We load Speer bullets and CCI primers, both with a long record of happy users. You also get selection, from 25 Auto to 45 Colt. Blazer also features a selection of bullet weights and styles, something you can't get in typical "white box" ammunition or imports. Blazer is a great option to reduce the cost of practice, letting you shoot more, and more often.

Ironically, I haven't found Blazer ammo to be all that cheap.

Factoid: The cartridge case for the GAU-8 Avenger 30 mm mounted in the A-10 Thunderbolt II is aluminium.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
  9. TOF

TOF New Member

I am curious what problems Import/Export laws present in this case. I believe gun parts and live ammo are verboten. Are cartridge cases also?

10. meadville

meadville New Member

My reply was more tomgue in cheek,not serious:).As for shipping any firearm related items to Great Britain,I would practice due diligence.

11. Petel

Petel New Member

Hello and many thanks Gentlemen, for your replies.

To Freefall. Many thanks for your kind offer but 9mm and 38Special empty cases are all that I require.

To Winds Of Change. Many thanks. Would be grateful for a few of the 38 cases if we can work out how to cover your costs.

To Meadville. You forgot the digital clock and the built in Sat Nav.

To Kenhser. Many thanks for the links. This is what I meant when I said that " they do not know how to use the Internet either ".

To Overkill. We are dealing with the British public here.

To TOF. Please note that guns are not illegal in the UK, it is being found in unlicenced possession of one that brings problems.
    Gun parts are not illegal in the UK but the authorities would argue, why would you want a gun part unless you had the gun to go with it?
    Inert rounds and the collection of same, is not illegal in the UK. No permissions are required unless commercial quantities are involved.
    Cases do not have to have holes drilled in them, nor do they have to be painted bright green with yellow bungs in their ends.

Could anyone please offer me a few empty 9mm Blazer cases?

Many thanks again Gentlemen.
    Regards, Pete.

12. russ

russ New Member

Pete, I should be able to offer some spent Blazer 9mm cases soon. Just bought 3 boxes on the way home last night and hope to empty some of them this weekend. I might be able to offer .45acp, .40S&W, or .357 mag as well, should you so desire.

13. Petel

Petel New Member

Many thanks to you Russ.
    Would be grateful for a few empty 9mm cases if we can work out a way for me to pay for them, postage and packing etc, ect.
    Thank you, Pete.

14. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Pete, how about a 44 Rem Mag? Or on the other end of the spectrum, a 380 Auto?

[​IMG]

Yea, yea, I know, spent only.

[​IMG]

15. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You don't buy designer ammo now??

[​IMG]

How do you get by? ;)

16. Petel

Petel New Member

Many thanks Canebrake, your offer is appreciated but 9mm and 38Spec are all that I require.

I ran 380Auto Blazer through a 1934 Beretta I had. Gave very good results and flawless operation.

Whilst I think about it, did CCI ever do Blazer in .25Auto? ----- Oh yes, silly me, so they do!

Many thanks, Pete.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  17. russ

russ New Member

Let me empty some, and we'll go from there. But I imagine a small padded envelope shouldn't be too costly to send over the pond.

Do you have a PayPal account? That would probably be the easiest way to cover the shipping expenses.

18. freefall

freefall New Member

Cane, where did you get a cartridge with Lucky Charms engraved on it? Find one in a box?

Last edited: Apr 2, 2011
  19. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Yep, this one;

Attached Files: