cci blazer brass

Discussion in 'Revolver Handguns' started by FernandoTheCommando, Jul 27, 2013.

1. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

Just picked up some brass cci blazer 158gr Jhp in .357 magnum. Anyone try this stuff? Might be a good range ammo since it's priced good. I usually carry hornady critical defense for an sd load.

2. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

it is great for target shooting and plinking. I don't buy it because I reload, and if I have to buy ammo, it might was well come with the brass I can reload with. But the CCI is good to go for the non reloaders and shooting up the hillsides.

3. austin92

austin92 New Member

Are you talking about the aluminum casings? They do make brass, why would it not be reloadable?

4. JW357

JW357 New Member

It is reloadable. I think Miss Anna was a little confused. Blazer sells ammo that has aluminum cases which is not reloadable. They also sell regular brass cased ammo. Y can also buy their brass, for reloading purposes.

I tend to think any brass is as good as any other for reloading purposes, when plinking. If its the right price, I don't get bogged down with manufacturer.

5. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

Thanks for the heads up guys. I had a brain ____ and confused CCI with Blazer. Ignore this and my previous post, please. :D

6. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Now you know we ain't gonna do that :p

7. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Blazer makes brass cased and aluminum cased

Attached Files:

8. fmj

fmj New Member

I have bought and reloaded CCI blazer brass for my 1911...no issues that i can tell to this point.

9. Anna_Purna

Anna_Purna New Member

A strong man would give it a try! :p

10. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I will try but no promises :D
    Honestly--The CCI threw me for a moment too :eek:

11. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

CCI/Speer use the "Blazer" banner for their basic ammo. Much like the Federal American Eagle or Winchester White Box. Nothing wrong with the Blazer brass. Some folks feel it is a bit dirtier than the premium ammo (and they are probably right). The brass is 100% reloadable.