CCI .22lr quiet ammo

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by hardluk1, Mar 5, 2012.

1. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Anyone that needs a pest control ammo or just a quiet round that will allow you to shot around your home check out CCI .22lr Quiet ammo. 67db loud or quiet in this cause. Cycles well in my wifes 10/22 with a stock recoil spring. As quiet as the slow cbs at 710 fps but with a 40gr bullet. No muffs needed too.

2. orangello

orangello New Member

Interesting! Did you purchase locally or online?

3. blucoondawg

blucoondawg New Member

Yes, I will have to check this out as well!

4. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

I bought mine from a general store /gun shop localy. They are a way above average shop and I did get the last 500 in stock from the vender.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

im going to have to try it in my ruger mk3 annd sw mp15-22 maybe the suppressor will help it cycle better than subsonics

6. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Midway was out of stock. I will have to get some. Maybe I wont have to buy a suppressor.

7. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

8. m72law

m72law New Member

I just purchased a few boxes of Aguila Super Colibri 22lr @ 2.89 a box from AIMsurplus....from what i have been told,this ammo is quieter then most pellet guns:D

I've heard good things about the CCI's too.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2012
  9. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

Wow, this thread has gotten me excited. The idea of being able to shoot in my own backyard would be awesome! Not something I could do often, but in case that really pesky squirrel is getting the best of my patience. bang

10. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

There can be issues with it cycling semi-autos. I have a couple that seems to shoot it ok but to see how relieable it is will take rounds down range. Seems others have had lots of problems feeding in semi-autos. .

11. CHLChris

CHLChris New Member

It seems perfect for my Savage bolt action, though!

12. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

Will I guess I should have shoot it before talking about the CCI Quiet ammo. It will not even come close to recoiling enough in a marlin 795 to cyclle it. I then shoot several 5 shoot groups with a savage fv-sr and my wifes clark barreled 10/22. Funtion was fine in both but accuracy was not very good with groups between 5/8" and 3/4" after some fouling shots. May be ok for critter control but I gave my ammo to the kids and I am done with it. It did cycle in my wifes ruger 10/22 fine but it is far from stock. I would also be good for a kids plinker rifle.

13. somawas

somawas New Member

Strange, I've got three 10/22's and a Marlin Model 60. CCI's Quiet 22 (#960)will not cycle in any of my auto-loaders and doubt if this round will cycle in any stock auto loader- have read in another forum the the Quiet 22 will cycle in a 10/22 after extensive modifications to the recoil spring and trigger block. Other than that, the round is quiet enough to shoot in a city with "no fire arms discharge within city limits ordinance on the books" without the neighbors knowing and works well in a bolt gun on squirrels within 40 feet-better than a pellet rifle and the lighter CCI CB Long.

14. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

somawas Note my last reply, wifes 10/22 is far from stock, highly reworked and typical very accurate. The quiet ammo would be fine for 40 feet on critters for sure.

15. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Uhh, I don' t think noise is the only thing when you shoot somewhere. It's just the fact that you're shooting, no? Couldn't that get you in a ton of trouble?

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Anyone tryed these in a 1911-22 :confused:

17. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Nobody seems to have any in stock. I have a bolt and a pump so no action problems. I currently shoot pellets and cb in the garage. I have a Savage MKII FVSR ordered and I would like to get a compensator but dont really want to get on the feds radar anymore than I am. 6-8 month wait right now. I guess there are a lot of people buying them. $600-700 with the tax stamp just for a 22. We are trying to get it legal to hunt with in AZ as a noise abatement issue.

18. hardluk1

hardluk1 Active Member

clr8ter No, can't get in to any trouble where i am at, just don't want to both neighbors with a repeated bang bang bang of normal .22's. I live in a very rural area but still you look around and there homes every where. I am getting a cz 455 american tomorrow for a small game hunter and may spend some time try'n them for use in it.

For me to get a suppressor I will have trust it. My local depty dog will not sign for me. His dad, the ex sheriff would and I bought a savage fv-sr just for that. gave it to one of my daughters to hunt with.