CCI .22 Stinger

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by redscho, Oct 19, 2011.

1. redscho

redscho New Member

Is the CCI 22 Stinger the hotest round you can get for a 22 rifle/pistol?

2. NickySantoro

NickySantoro New Member

Aguila Interceptor is about the same on paper. Out of my rifle it feels hotter, though.

3. alex19ccc

alex19ccc New Member

the most powerful. sure is... but i wouldn't use it in semi auto's. i had a beretta u22 neos... that pistol NEVER jammed with ANY ammo...but when i used the stingers..it would jam every few shots...awesome round for bolts pumps or levers though

4. orangello

orangello New Member

That is strange; it was the favorite of both my Marlin model 60 and my little AMT target pistol. I guess you just have to find the best fit for the given firearm.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

the stinger doesnt work in all guns. the case is a scootch longer than regular 22lr. my ruger 1022 shoots it just fine.

6. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

I personally love Stingers. I don't know how they cycle in semi autos but in a bolt action they are awesome!

They would drop a groundhog at 75 yards when others wouldn't.

7. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

Try CCI Velocitors. You can definitely feel the difference in recoil over Mini Mags. 40 grn hp @1400fps

8. OC357

OC357 New Member

I will have to try those and see how they compare to the stingers then. I have been using both the mini mags and the stingers. That's all I have been shooting.

OC

9. hiwall

hiwall Well-Known Member

Years back Remington made the "Rockets" that went 1750 fps.

10. unclebear

unclebear New Member

I don't know but I love the stinger I use to hunt everything, does one hell of a job on muskrats!

11. redneckly33

redneckly33 New Member

My Ruger 10/22 loved those things. I had a box of the velociters someone had gave me, but I can't remember how they shot. I don't remember any jams or anything of that nature.

12. redscho

redscho New Member

CCI Stinger vs Federal Champion

Tried on a block of balistic putty. Quite a bit of difference.

Attached Files:

13. mtmagwhenindout

mtmagwhenindout New Member

Yes it is and it is more accurate than the rest in my 10/22

14. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

I can tell you that the Stinger is my favorite .22 LR ammo of all time. :)

15. JTJ

How much penetration?

16. NickySantoro

NickySantoro New Member

17. JTJ

Thanks. It is about what I thought. The 40 grn solids in regular high velocity were the only rounds that penetrated properly. The 38 grn Aguila acted as a solid with no expansion. By the way, the warranty on the Taurus PT22 is void if you shoot anything hotter than the regular HV ammo. The other rounds might do better in a longer barrel. In the short barrels, you are risking your life and wasting your money on the extra high velocity rounds if you carry it for self defense. They do not have enough penetration and that is the key with a 22lr.