CC Licence processing times

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by sweeper22, Dec 5, 2010.

1. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

CC License processing times

I'm just curious what some of you out there have experienced as typical processing times with your concealed carry licenses.

The reason I ask is that I turned in my initial paperwork, gave fingerprints, etc for my CHL (OR) on Wednesday (12/1)...and my license arrives in the mail just 72hrs later. Surprised the heck outta me...albeit a welcome surprise.

Maybe I just slipped in at the right moment or live in a county that processes them especially fast.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010

2. hogrider

hogrider New Member

CC License processing times

I think you are quite lucky. If I remember right mine took 65 days and had to send a second set of prints in.

3. machengative

machengative New Member

Small town here. Walked into Sherriff's office and walked out 45 min. later with new CCW license. Longest part was waiting for the Badge printer to do it's thing.

4. denverdan

denverdan New Member

Yep, mine took about an hour or so if I remember correctly. Just finger prints, picture, and payed the fee. I didn't have to do any class due to military experience. I'm sure it depends on the state.

5. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member

Renewal

sweeper22; Sir, my original took 89 days; NC has 90 day maximum wait.

Dec,8, 2010 for my renewal $ forgot, and another wait is in process.
    could be until mid March.

Strange, very strange

6. Hollander

Hollander New Member

Fayette County, GA - Four days for a new one and three days for a renewal.

7. gmikel1955

gmikel1955 New Member

Arizona - back in 10 days.

8. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Three plus months for the non resident Utah permit.

9. nhsuper44

nhsuper44 New Member

New Hampshire, 3days, $20.00, no classes, no fingerprints, and a smile and thank-you from the Chief.

10. canebrake

canebrake New Member

90 days but then mine was chiseled out of a granite tablet.

[​IMG]

11. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Central Podunk, VA. 3 days. No classes. Living in a rural county with one zip code for the whole county helps.

As a side note, I always have to vote absentee due to work travel. When I walk in her office, the Registrar smiles and greets me by name.

Down side? You best be behaving. Everybody knows you- if you get a rep as a jerk, EVERYBODY knows you are a jerk. Upside? If you are a standup guy, everbody knows that too.

12. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

Mine took about 6 weeks to be approved (on December 30), plus another 10 days or so for the letter to actually get to me (from 110 miles away - gotta love our USPS), plus 4 days after that before the actual license got the the Sheriff for me to pick up. :confused:

13. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Florida is two to three weeks now, with no rhyme or reason for the difference.

14. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Amazingly, Sacramento County has now gone shall issue. However, the soonest I can get an appointment for an interview at the Sheriff's Dept. is late June.

I costs almost four hundred bucks and you must take a 16 hour class which is an additional cost. So, it may be shall issue now, but they haven't made it easy.

I'm not going to waste the time or the money since I hope to not be here come June.

15. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

mine took 5 months. I submitted the paperwork before the the bill was officially in service.

My renewal took 2 weeks.

16. Desdenova

Desdenova New Member

Anyone done the Florida non-resident permit?

That's what I'll be sending in for in the near future. I've got my fingers crossed that it won't actually take 3 months

17. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I have the Utah non-resident permit.

18. oldcoptn46

oldcoptn46 Member Supporter

Tennessee is (according to their website) up tp 90 days. As I remember mine took about 10 weeks from date of submission. TN issues through Dept of Safety, applications must be accompanied by certificate of training, proof of US citizenship and TN residency, fingerprints and $115. Renewal after 4 yrs is $50. There were some rumblings about waiving training for military and retired military but it never made through the legislature last year.

Pops

19. buckhuntr

buckhuntr Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I wish i had filled out the paperwork for Tennessee when I lived there 10 years ago. I took the training, but just didn't follow through. :mad: