CC in banks

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Hotshot, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Hotshot

Hotshot New Member

My state CC law says that you cannot carry where federally restricted. Are banks under this restriction? The banks I go to have "No concealed weapons" signs but they are not correct for my state so I carry inside. Thoughts?

2. trip286

trip286 New Member

There should be online resources for your state laws that will let you know for sure.
    If there is a sign saying "don't do it", then don't do it. Even if it's not restricted by state law, the property owner can dictate if you cc.

3. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Banks are not federal buildings. Post offices and dps building are though. Unless there is a legal sign posted that restricts you then your can carry. In texas its a 30.06 sign.

Signing out, Alpha1victor.

4. fmj

fmj Active Member

Federal restriction is usually a federal building...i could be wrong there.

If they have a "Criminal safe work place" sign on the front door, i would withdraw all my money, explain why and go somewhere else that believes in my freedoms.

5. trip286

trip286 New Member

It doesn't matter to me if it's a sign written by a Kindergartner with a crayon. If it says "no guns" by golly that's what they want. I expect the same consideration if I tell someone not to smoke crack in my house.
    Take your business elsewhere.
    Or the other option, don't get caught.

6. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

To each his own. You can explain to your kids why mommy isnt comming home because a sign written in crayon caused you not to carry a gun in the bank. No offense.

The signs posted are for the employees. Its a way to restrict employees but allow permit holders.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

I never said I wouldn't carry.

8. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

and fed building is off limets the post office here has a singe posted to carry a gun inside is a federal felony!

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

That applies to ALL post offices- except one I know of that has a bar, store, and gun shop in the same building. Remote area out West.

There is no Federal ban on carrying in a bank. YMMV depending on your state law. The day that MY bank puts up such a sign, I will have a letter going to the Board of Directors, explaining just how much money I removed from their bank due to a puddinheaded decision they made.

IF they were to post a sign, I would not carry in there. But then, I would not be in there at all. Your rules, your choice. My money, MY choice.

Stupid SHOULD be painful.

10. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Trip, I withdrawal my comment:)

11. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

In Colorado you can carry in banks. If my bank (Wells Fargo) ever posted a "No Guns" sign, I would take my business somewhere else. I would put my money in my safe at home if there were no banks that allowed me to carry.

12. Hotshot

Hotshot New Member

My state cc law has a section on signage and it is very specific. I was trained that private buisness owners must have the correct sign or you can legaly carry. And the other part was concealed means concealed only you know.

13. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

In MI, the sign has to be a specific format to "legally" prevent you from carrying. Violating the "request", means you are trespassing.

14. g17frantz

g17frantz New Member

As far as I know...federal or local courts and no schools. Have to be 100 yds or greater away. Now, I'm all about that some rules should be broken....but not taking any unnecessary chances. I do however always carry in the mall and in the hospitals. I have a 6 mo old son and his protection is my #1 responsibility. I don't care if i get a ticket, family first. Too much crazy stuff happens in hospitals and malls not to want to carry. Banks for that matter too! I will not ever carry at a school or federal building. When my son goes to school (be awhile) ill be toting around my blade for sure.

15. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

At least in Kansas, we with a carry permit are exempt from the federal gun free school zones.

Banks are free reign too.

Our signage is very exact, and many places are unlawfully posted, therefore ignorantly carry friendly.

Remember, CONCEALED MEANS CONCEALED. I will not say I've never bent the rules. But federal bldgs.... not a chance.

16. Gh0zt36

Gh0zt36 Active Member

In florida it's legal as long as no one see's it , but even then as long as it was an accident and you weren't showing it to anyone.If everyone stays calm usually the cops will run your permit and make sure you're legit and then if there are no other issues they'll let you go.

Although I'm no lawyer so dont take my word for it but that is what I was taught when I got my permit.

17. skbryant32

skbryant32 New Member

no offense to you, but you can explain to your own kids why you're not coming home, because you chose to disregard the law, got involved with something you possibly shouldn't have gotten involved in, shot and killed someone, and got sent to prison.

18. trip286

trip286 New Member

A1victor, I completely understand the misunderstanding. I wasn't strictly speaking for myself, I was speaking in response to the question. Yes personally if it were a sign written in crayon, I wouldn't carry in that establishment, I would go somewhere else.

As for signs that are being mentioned, I guess it varies state to state. I'm thinking in my state that there is no state ordained signage.

19. canebrake

canebrake New Member

If your firearm is truly concealed, who would know? ;)

(Metal detectors will know!) :eek:

20. Alpha1Victor

Alpha1Victor New Member

Have you read anything in this thread? I was saying it there is no law restricting you from carrying, then its legal to carry. I carry everday, period! Ill carry everwhere I legaly can. I am a leo so I can carry where I want. But its better to have it and not neew it, than need it and not have it. So please dont be and *** about my goof statement. Thanks.