CC holsters IWB

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by jmccarty5656, Apr 19, 2014.

1. jmccarty5656

jmccarty5656 New Member

Hey everybody. Just wanting to get some opinions on any IWB holsters. I have a Glock 21 that I'll be carrying and while I know it's a little big I want the capacity. Like I said just wanting to know what works and what doesn't. Thanks

2. mdauben

mdauben New Member

I've never carried my 21 IWB but for my 17 and 36 my go-to IWB choice is a Summer Special style holster by Milt Sparks or one of the similar offerings by other quality manufacturers.

Also, don't forget a good quality gun belt. I like The Beltman but there are other makers. Just don't rely on a cheap department store belt.

3. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I carry my G35 in a N82 pro holster and love it!! These are the only IWB holsters I will buy. They are soooooo comfortable!!! ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1397931350.031353.jpg ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1397931366.268685.jpg

4. jmccarty5656

jmccarty5656 New Member

I've got a MCMAP belt that I'll use. It's pretty sturdy. Also I was looking and found blackpointtactical.com and thought some of those holsters looked good. Hey Fathead00. What's the website for those holsters

5. JW357

JW357 New Member

6. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

How do you plan to carry?

You can carry IWB and a long shirt/coat or IWB with a tuckable holster. Not all holsters are tuckable - you have to watch if that is what you want/need.

Here are lots of holsters of all types. There is a link for hybrids - IWB styles.

http://gotnarcosis.com/brucewittmeier/technical/Holsters.html

Some of these are quite expensive...some aren't. The first two are most reasonable then the exotic get expensive. Don't know you range but there are lots of nice belts. You might search for Amish Leather Belts and find some that should work well and are reasonably priced.

Heavy leather Belts

7. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Cross Breed is extremely comfortable.

Alien Gear looks similar, but a lot less expensivel

8. JW357

JW357 New Member

Same with Old Faithful.

9. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Alien gear holsters look like best bang for buck since you can either send in your kydex shell for another or just order more shells for other model handguns that just attach to the leather base. But I'm with fathead on this one, N82 are the most comfortable I've ever wore. However I am really starting to like appendix carry and am searching for a really good/comfortable holster that fits that bill as well

Never enough guns or ammo

10. dalefan88

dalefan88 New Member

My alien gear for a bersa ultra compact and beretta 92fs. Sorry for the dark pics.

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1397993274.287593.jpg

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1397993290.077752.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

11. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

Www.n82tactical.com

12. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

Oldfaithful lost my business when their website wouldn't accept their published coupon code. Intentional or accidental, I was done with them. Maybe a bit harsh, but options are good :)

13. fa35jsf

fa35jsf New Member

Check out White Hat Holsters from Arlington Texas. They make holsters like Crossbreed but for less. Also, you can buy more kydex from them so u can carry multiple guns with one holster.

Plus they have some REALLY COOL kydex color and design options.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

14. JW357

JW357 New Member

Interesting. Well that's certainly your prerogative.

I still like them. They gave me a military discount too.

Did you try contacting them via email or phone about your coupon?

15. mahall

mahall New Member

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1398004503.761366.jpg

I love Remora Holsters. You can tuck in anything. They hold in any type of pants/shorts! I'm quite comfortable carrying my Shield to the gym, bicycle rides, and to the beach, and any other place that I choose to go! I also Carry my G19 in Remora! No clip, allows for great versatility in any position you want to carry.

http://www.remoraholsterstore.com/default.asp

Like guns, love people!!

16. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

I have seen these holsters a thousand times on the internet and always decided it wasn't for me just because of the no clip design. However after looking a plenty of reviews on the internet I have seen nothing but positives and people say there is no way it can slide down or be drawn with gun, even with gym shorts. I might grab one of these bad boys up soon

Never enough guns or ammo

17. mahall

mahall New Member

Once you use one! You will see, they are plenty secure in whatever activity you choose to do! I suggest the reinforced top for easy , re-holstering. But for about 30 bucks, I will put them up against anything for comfort and fit.

Like guns, love people!!

18. kiabe1

kiabe1 New Member

Look at alien gear good price crossbread style holster

19. KJG67

KJG67 New Member

20. JW357

JW357 New Member

KJ, that's a very nice looking holster. I'll have to check them out.