CC from Michigan to Indiana.

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by CourtJester, Aug 10, 2013.

1. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

I know indiana honors my MI permit; does anyone know where I could find a trusted list of Indiana's laws? It where the best place to contact would be?

2. FernandoTheCommando

FernandoTheCommando New Member

Google it. One of the first websites that comes up will be a list of state firearm laws.

3. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

I trust this web site. You can look up any state at the main site.
    http://www.handgunlaw.us/states/indiana.pdf

4. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

What questions do you have? I live in Indiana

5. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Where I can't carry?

What's the open carry law? I never open carry but if someone can see it at the bottom of my shirt or out lined in a pocket, then it's not considered concealed and a cop could be less than reasonable on the issues.

Does it have to be on me in a car or is the console good? I know the state police in Ohio made a big stink with a few folks over that when they changed their laws.

Can I carry in a restaurant that also serves alcohol?

6. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

You can't carry in schools, airports, federal buildings, river boats. You can carry in restaurants and bars. You can open or conceal carry.

7. elfmdl

elfmdl New Member

He got it covered, and with your vehicle it can be anywhere, I keep mine in the center console when I drive. You are also not required to tell law enforcement that you are carrying if pulled over for a traffic violation, however I never think that'll hurt.

8. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

But he can carry to school property if he is dropping off a kid for school or a school function. But the firearm must not leave the vehicle.

We can open carry with an Indiana permit, its a handgun carry permit. It doesnt specify cc or open so both are legal. I open carry all the time and have had zero problems.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2013
  9. JohnJak

JohnJak New Member

Hopefully you will read and interpret the laws on your own. I would not want to take a strangers advice on the laws unless he was a lawyer.

So with that being said go ahead open carry and conceal where you want.:(

10. fmj

fmj Active Member

That covers it.

Unless your in Fort Waste. EXPECT to be harassed by the Gestapo if OCing here.

Ummm considering three people THAT live and CARRY in IN have said the same things in a mere 9 posts would be pretty good evidence that whats being said is true.

Reading and iterpreting laws on your own can be as dangerous as taking the word of a stranger....and a lawyer can lie to you just as easily as said stranger considering you are NOT his client therefor has 0 obligation to advise you truthfully.