CC and Gun Shows

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by northhike, Feb 18, 2012.

1. northhike

northhike New Member

I attended a gun show today and I was surprised that CC was not allowed. It did not make sense to me as you can buy live ammo and firearms right there. If a guy wanted to go nuts....it's all there for the taking. Theoretically we as CC people have attended classes, understand the laws, are proficient with our gun and most of all know how to be responsible in public setting with our firearms. The same cannot be said for some of the attendees. ;)

2. vincent

vincent New Member

Two words...Concealed Is Concealed....well, that's three but I think you get it...:cool:

3. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Illogical as it seems it is fairly common...I would think it has something to do with insurance and legal liability. Any gun on display or purchased usually gets a zip tie through the chamber to prevent loading.

4. northhike

northhike New Member

Yep...get it. My point though is that this is a "gun" show yet CC is not allowed. Funny ...cause the NRA was there talking about our gun rights....except for the gun show. ;) I just found it funny and ironic. The NRA booth made it even more funny.

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I thnk it is funny that I cc in Cabelas and Sportsmans Warehouse all the time. They don't care. They even have a sign saying that permit holders are welcome to do so. But not at any gun show I have ever been to. And I have been to a bunch.

6. trip286

trip286 New Member

This has been covered before, I'll see if I can link up the previous thread. It's a combination of insurance and liability issues.

7. trip286

trip286 New Member

Plus, do you really trust everyone that has a gun? I don't. And a gun show is a place where people will be constantly unholstering and showing off weapons.

8. trip286

trip286 New Member

9. Paladin201

Paladin201 New Member

There was an incident at a local show here a few years ago. It was a case where one guy was looking at a particular gun and asking for opinions. Another guy said "Yeah, I carry one of those" and drew his to show to the guy. I didn't hear whether it was the gun owner or the guy he was showing it to, but someone ended up capping off a round. Fortunately, the only damage was a new ventilation hole in one of the walls. So I can see why show owners don't want a whole building full of packing people. Although the show I go to most often here still allows it.

10. gollygee

gollygee New Member

The shows in my area have police stationed at the entrance, asking everyone if they have a firearm and/or ammo. If you have a firearm, either concealed or one you brought for trade, they verify it is empty & put a tie through the action. It is a safety precaution & police are present for security. I suppose a person could lie, if so disposed, because they do not have metal detectors, but I wouldn't care to do that.

I do have a concern for leaving mine in my vehicle, even in a lock box, because thieves are very adept at getting into vehicles & a gun show parking lot would seem to be a good 'shopping' area. I unload it & declare it at the door.

11. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Ones i go to also require a zip tie in the ones you carry in too (openly)

12. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I don't think the rule was made out of fear that someone start shooting. It's there because no matter what, some moron will feel compelled to take out his loaded carry piece to show someone. Then the fun starts. :mad:

13. Ryel

Ryel New Member

any show that does not allow CC does not get my business.

14. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

It is kind of queer when you go to a gun show or a NRA rally no concealed weapons. The NRA rally had no guns to sell or see, it was a political rally. I don't know why some anti gunner hasn't took off with the fact the NRA doesn't trust their own.

15. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

With everyone handling guns, some jackass would forget which gun was in his had and start WWIII.

16. Polygon

Polygon New Member

There was also a problem with anti-gun asshats bringing in ammunition and loading it in one of the guns on display hoping to cause an incident. But yes, it mostly has to do with liability issues. I for one carry mine into any gun show I go to. No matter what I wouldn't pull it out, let alone let anyone know I had it on me.

17. bluzjamer

bluzjamer New Member

A couple of weekends ago there were several shows scattered around. There were three seperate incidences at gun shows where people were injured by guns going off.
    Never heard much of this before but with all that is going on to have 3 in one weekend was bad for gun shows. Like I said before soewhere in this forum, shows have been banned for at least 25 years in my state. The only thing that I thought was out of control was the beans and hotdogs they served and the resulting event that followed. It was like tear gas.

18. gr8oldguy

gr8oldguy New Member

Every gun show I have attended has always been in a government owned public building...like a county fairgrounds, etc. It is a against the law in most places to cc in such a public building. That's what I have seen in Wisconsin.