CC a sub

Discussion in 'XD Forum' started by chazzy, Feb 12, 2012.

1. chazzy

chazzy New Member

For those of you that carry a subcompact, how do you carry it concealed? As some of you know from my thread "finally", I just picked up an xd9 sub. This is an extremely fun gun, but does seem a bit on the "chunky" side to carry iwb. Give me some insights please as to how you CC in different climates. Thanks guys

2. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

Although Springfield calls it a subcompact, there is no way I would describe that gun as subcompact. The largest handgun I might consider subcompact would be along the lines of a Ruger LC9.

I'd say carry the XD IWB. A true sub could be carried in pocket.

3. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

They are a bit on the chunky side. I don't carry mine (XD40SC) much these days, due to getting a DW CCO. I carried mine IWB @ 4 o'clock in a DeSantis Nylon holster. Knowing what I know now, I'd have gone a different way with the holster. I tried to do it on the cheap. Buy a good belt designed with holster use in mind and look at a Theis or a Supertuck holster. The better your carry setup, the more comfortable you will be. Oh, you might think about going up one pants size.

4. firedawg60

firedawg60 New Member

I don't have an XD, but I can conceal a G27 without any issues. Either IWB or in a belt holster.

5. RecklessRegard

RecklessRegard New Member

I wear a G26 year round in my Supertuck IWB. Summer is shorts and T-shirts and winter is... Shorts and a jacket. It isn't very hard to hide. Sometimes I carry my G22 in the same holster. If I were you I would check out Theis holsters. They are cheaper than Crossbreed and quality is the same if not better.

6. chazzy

chazzy New Member

Thanks guys....I appreciate the feedback. What are your thoughts on shoulder holsters?

7. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

I'm waiting for my wife to get a little more comfortable with me carrying before I try one.