Cats gone

Discussion in 'Hunting Forum' started by tinbucket, Oct 15, 2020.

1. mrm14

mrm14 Well-Known Member

I disagree with that. I had a neutered tom for 17 years before he died of cat strokes. He didn't like inside and took care of himself. Of course he was mixed with Manx and domestic and was a 22 lb. cat. Didn't have a litter box and would go nuts if he was in the house for more than 5 minuets. Was more like a dog than a cat.

sheriffjohn likes this.
  2. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

OK

To be fair, my wife's oldest daughter had two cats that lived into their twenties as outside cats. So certainly it does happen.

Both cats ended up being eaten by a coyote but for 20 years that's a good long life for a cat.

I guess I can't say that cats were not meant to be outdoor animals but I can say that it is irresponsible or a cat's owner to let it run loose, just as it's irresponsible for a dog's owner to let it run loose.

If you let a cat run loose or dog you're exposing it to dangers that it can't even comprehend. Where I work and where I live there are wild animals wandering through the neighborhood all night long. Specifically raccoons and skunks. Rabies is prevalent in raccoons around here but your cat doesn't know that.

Cats don't understand automobiles. Cats don't understand poison. Cats don't understand humans. I worked at a place where one of the client employees came to work one day with a cat in his truck. Apparently the cat belong to his neighbor and he caught it using his flower bed for a litter box. So without saying anything at all to the neighbor he scooped the cat up, threw it in his truck, drove it to work and dumped it. It lasted about three days. That wasn't the cat's fault. That was the cat's owners fault.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

Okay. My black porch kitty has been missing for about 36 hours now. It’s been raining endlessly. I hope that’s all that’s keeping him away.

4. Trunk Monkey

Trunk Monkey Well-Known Member

One of my Colony Cats is all black and I fear for him every Halloween

RJF22553 likes this.
  5. winds-of-change

I think we are going to bring him at least into the garage for Halloween, if not the guest bathroom. He has a very snotty nose and is going to the vet Tuesday for treatment. Once healthy......snip snip. :eek: Just don’t let him know that.

6. winds-of-change

He’s back. He let me pet him today for about 5 minutes. I am very happy he’s learning to trust me.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    RJF22553 and SRK97 like this.