Castle Doctrine

Discussion in 'Montana Gun Forum' started by fourtrax57, Jun 5, 2016.

1. fourtrax57

fourtrax57 New Member

Will be spending a year or so working in Montana. Not from Montana. So, has Montana adopted anything similar to the Law called either "Stand Your Ground" or "The Castle Doctrine" relevant to self defense / CCW / home invasion ?
    Thanks

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

3. fourtrax57

fourtrax57 New Member

unfortunate

incident all the way around. Not enough people are held responsible for their OWN actions. IMO.

4. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Historically, judges and juries decide cases on the basis of the "RPM." (Reasonable, prudent man)

If a RPM would have considered that his life or another innocent persons' life was in danger, they will not indict/convict.

If they decide that you're "using" Castle Doctrine as a license to kill, they'll nail you.

5. fourtrax57

fourtrax57 New Member

Nor

It can be misused as above example with an open garage door & a stated intent. Nor, do I feel that if there is a home invader that I should have to "go out of my way" to retreat to the last room in the house to avoid the P.O.S. either. That's what your expected to do in MN.
    In MN. or wherever, if it's the middle of the night & there's a bad guy running around my house I don't really expect that I might actually retreat if I have in my hands the means to deal with it. I would fear for my life & rest of my family's lives.

6. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporter

I think in Minnesota you are supposed to retreat to Canada.

:D:p:):peepwall:

7. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

And that's exactly what a Castle Doctrine is put in place to protect.