Case trmmers

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by Matt96, Mar 26, 2013.

1. Matt96

Matt96 New Member

I am looking at a case trimmer that I will use on standard calipers plus .44 & .357 Automag. What trimmer would everyone get, Hornady, RCBS, Lyman, Forester?

Matt

2. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

i use the RCBS trimmer. works fine for my needs. after a bunch of shells my hands get tired though. but it does the job

3. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Get the Dillon, if you can afford it

www.dillonprecision.com Click on case prep equipment.

All that you mentioned work well. I use a Forster.

4. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

I use a Forster and attach an electric drill to the cutter shaft. I have trimmed many thousands of cases and now probably need a new cutter shaft

5. Matt96

Matt96 New Member

I ordered the RCBS trimmer with the pilot set as I reload for most of the calipers listed. I own many RCBS products a nd they have served me well.

6. csaw44

csaw44 New Member

7. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I use a Forester. The base is a little narrow so I have it mounted on a larger board that I then clamp to my reloading bench. That allows me to put it away when I'm not using it.

8. afjones20

afjones20 New Member

I have the basic lee setup. Wood ball hand trimmer with case follower and a lock stud for use with a drill. I'm going to have to tweak my case follower a little though since its not cutting all the way down to the trim to length for my casings (7mm rem mag). All parts together under 20 bucks