case prep center

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by CamoToe1, Jul 20, 2014.

1. CamoToe1

CamoToe1 New Member

I recently purchased a case prep center and wanted to give my thoughts on it. Before the purchase I researched a handful of case prep tools. Most of the units are very similar in price and features so I decided to go with RCBS. These tools have multiple rotating parts so a choosing a company with excellent customer service seemed like a good idea.

When the unit arrived, I was surprised with how heavy it is. It feels like a solid tool. Other reviews stated that it is loud.... Either I got lucky or these people have sensitive ears. I like to listen to the radio when I reload and the radio can easily be heard above this machine.

I breezed through 500 .223 cases in about 3 hours. This included chamfer, debur, military crimp removal on 100 or so cases, primer pocket cleaning, neck brushing and flash hole deburring. The machine worked flawlessly.

Case prep is still time consuming but my hands aren't raw when it's all said and done. Also, I believe my cases are more uniform than before. If you have been considering a tool like this, I say go for it, you will not regret the decision.

2. JonM

JonM Moderator

i will second that. i wouldnt consider mine loud either.

fantastic time saver when doing a lot of case prep.

3. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I learned to love mine when I was making 7.7 Jap brass.... :p