Case for Colt LE6920

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by OUDAN, Jan 26, 2014.

1. OUDAN

OUDAN New Member

I am looking for a case for my Colt LE6920 Magpul edition, I would greatly appreciate any input you all may have or first hand experiences. I have debated a cheap bag but I wonder is there a reason to go with a nicer set up like a Pelican? Also what others should I check into? Thank you all in advance!

2. kjbcruz12

kjbcruz12 New Member

I use a Drago case for my Spike. Love it, plus it's got tons of pockets for ammo, mags, and accessories.

3. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

Well, Colt is top-of-the-line, and so is Pelican. I'd go that way if I had the money.

4. Ibmikey

Ibmikey Member

Neatest case I have found is an Uncle Mike's Assault rifle case at Optics Planet, I paid $59 (I think) ea for three of them with free shipping. Well padded, lockable space for rifle, separate zippered and lockable padded space for two handguns and two mag pouches and a junk pouch on the front. Item is very well made and nicer than one I paid over a hundred bucks for.

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

Hardcase for travel, pelican. Other than tavel needs they are heavy.

I use condor soft cases for everything else.

6. fdefireman2

fdefireman2 New Member

Anyone have one from voodoo tactical? They look nice but are they?

7. dwmiller

dwmiller Well-Known Member

^^^ +1 on what JonM said. Pelican makes a great travel case, but they are HEAVY! Unless you need to fly with your AR, a softcase makes more sense.

8. chrishiggin29

chrishiggin29 Member

I've got a voodoo tactical. Mine will hold 2 rifles, 2 pistols ,6 ar mags ,8 pistol mags and a pocket for etc. I like it.

9. OUDAN

OUDAN New Member

I'm liking the look of tha vodoo as well honestly most soft cases look very similar lol.

10. Dahamp2003

Dahamp2003 New Member

Ok. Actually have some experience with this. I had a hard case that was around 29 bucks from academy. Don't waste time there. I then bought a double gun case made by drago. Best soft case out there in my opinion. Buddy bought a voodoo, and while it looks like the exact same thing the quality isn't quite what the drago is. I've also seen the S&W cases that look like the drago they sell at academy. Not quite as well built either. Drago is better. My buddy ended up selling the voodoo and buying a drago too if that tells you anything. I have a small pelican for my Go Pro camera and they are definitely the best hard case I've seen. Soft case go drago, hard go pelican. If you don't travel or anything I'd go soft so you have the pockets and back straps

11. OUDAN

OUDAN New Member

Thanks man very much! Sounds like Drago it is

12. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

I like my plano. Has the middle section cutouts to hold your rifle and any other gear you wish to put in there securely.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Firearms Talk mobile app

13. sigman84

sigman84 New Member

You can see it in my build thread and they run about $65-$75 which isn't bad.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Firearms Talk mobile app

14. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Just depends on what it's for. Gerenally I prefer the soft packs with mag/tool pockets.

I've been really happy with bags from Drago and PSA. The PSA is a tough deal to beat. I've got a pair of them.

15. OUDAN

OUDAN New Member

Down to Vodoo vs Drago for some reason I can't rule out the Vodoo I hear too many great things but I'm leaving to Drago. Help! lol!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

16. OUDAN

OUDAN New Member

Drago was the choice and I'm quite happy so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk