Cars!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ScottA, May 4, 2013.

1. ScottA

ScottA FAA licensed bugsmasher Lifetime Supporter

So what cars are special to you? Your first car? Your favorite? Your dream car?

My first car was a 1967 MGB. Some day I would like to buy another and restore it.

[​IMG]

My dream car: Ford GT. My father had a Fiberfab Avenger when we were kids. It was a VW based kit car modeled after the GT 40. The cool factor was off the charts.

[​IMG]

2. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

My first car was a 1966 Ford Fairlane 4 door with a 289 V8, A/T similar to this (bottom picture):

My dream car would be based on this

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 5, 2013

3. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

My first car was a 1969 Ford Fairlane 500 wagon I got for $200. Drove the wheels of of it. Literally. That ended that relationship. Second one was my grandmother's 1965 Falcon. That ended up in the wrecker as well (but I beat the reckless driving and unsafe vehicle charges by sending the car to its demise). Had a few others at the time. A 1973 Dodge Monaco Highway Patrol car with the 440 Police Interceptor (or was it Police Special for Dodge?), a 1976 Austin Healey Sprite, a 1957 Austin 7 (or a Mini as most would call it), a 1974 Fiat 850 Spyder, a 1964 Beetle, a 1964 Ranchero (still have that one). There were many more over the years. I seem to collect them. Currently I have around 15 in the motor pool, but only 5 or so currently run.

As to dream cars? The Ford GT40 is right up there at the top of the list, along with a 427 Cobra. That, too, is a long, long list. I have been very fortunate to have worked on and/or driven many very fine cars over the years, including some very rare and exotic cars. I think that in some ways has whetted my desire for them. At the same time, I am not in a high enough tax bracket to be able to afford the fine stuff. But kits will do as far as the GT40 and Cobra are concerned, as long as I can build them up myself and do all of the mods that really need to be done in order to make them fully enjoyable (the originals leave a great deal to be desired). That is unless you were to give me one of the new production GT40's. Those are pretty much the ultimate build right from the factory.

4. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

My first car was a 1940 Ford Coupe Deluxe.. Never really got to drive it, somebody stole my carbs.. :( :mad:

My two favorites are my IH's a '73 1110 Stepside Pickup and my '73 Scout II .... Although my little Rampage is starting to grow on me (Its the only small car Ive ever liked... )

(My Scout...)

Attached Files:

5. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

My dream cars are a DeLorean and a Tucker... :( :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 5, 2013
  6. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

7. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Oh, and what happened to the '40 Ford? That would have definitely been a keeper for me.

8. DFlynt

DFlynt New Member

If I had the bucks I'd have this guy build me a copy of the car A.J. Foyt drove when he won the 1964 Indy 500: www.Babineaumetalworks.com

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9Q1AlqkLXA[/ame]

9. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I still have it.... I just need carbs.. :(

I could never get rid of it, its priceless to me for sentimental reasons....

(Trust me people have tried, Ive had some pretty good offers... Coulda even had that DeLorean...:p )

10. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

My first car was a 1986 Iroc-Z camaro (very similar to this one)

My dream car?

1970 Chevelle SS 454...

Huh, that's odd... I'm a Ford guy:eek:

Attached Files:

11. sputnik1988

Better post the Chevelle too, being that this IS a picture thread.

Attached Files:

12. TheSadPanda

TheSadPanda New Member

You and i have very similar tastes.

13. bluez

bluez Well-Known Member

My Maxima especially when it has the right content (no that is not me sitting in it)

And also my Z :)

Attached Files:

14. sputnik1988

Great minds think alike!:p

15. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

You should be able to find some carbs for that pretty easily I would think. Are you looking for an Offy setup? Or can you make due with just the stock one carb to get it running?

16. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

the first car i ever drove when i got my license that my father i switched between, the 1961 Ford Fairlane and the 1966 Ford F100. both my father inherited when my grandfather passed away.

the first car i bought, Bucaneer red 1978 Trans Am. that one earned me a few days in traffic court!

my dream car, a 1973 SD 455 Trans Am in Bucaneer red. i like red vehicles!

Attached Files:

17. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

It has a Offenhauser intake, I need three Stromburg 97's. The Old Holleys wont fit on the intake, their too big...
    I can find the carbs, just cant afford them right now. They run about $500 each.

I am having trouble finding the progressive linkage for the carbs though.

18. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

Hmm. I might have one Stromberg, but not three. if I find three of them will you trade the Medusa for them?:D

The progressive linkage might be more difficult.

19. Trez

Trez Well-Known Member

I cant do that!! :eek: Its like the DeLorean of revolvers... :p

20. Vikingdad

Vikingdad New Member

I actually know a few Ford guys who probably have what you need. If I remember I will ask them next time I see them. Those were the same setup for what, '38 through '41?